iPad won't sync!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by pmm21, Aug 20, 2010.

1. pmm21 macrumors newbie

Yesterday, whilst syncing my iPad in iTunes (as I do on a weekly basis,) iTunes began transferring some tv shows I had purchased on my device. Unbeknownst to me, I did not have enough room on my hard drive to transfer the shows completely, and iTunes gave me a message saying that it had stopped the sync because of insufficient space (or something like that.)

I freed up several gigabytes of space, and began to sync again, but this time with no luck. ITunes will run through the standard (taking forever) back up procedure, and then moves on to a dialogue that says "syncing contacts"

Then it just finishes. No new app purchases are transferred, my newly purchased movies (purchased on my mac) do not transfer, and my new books and photos do not transfer either. I even tried to remove my music from the device, and it gives me a dialogue asking if I want to do it, and then I hit apply and nothing happens.

After hours of searching the nets, I can not seem to find an answer or a fix. I can't even find anyone with a similar problem.

Can anyone help me?

Much appreciated.

All the best,
    Peter

2. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

In iTunes with your iPad connected, right-click on your listed device and select transfer purchases.
    Does that work ?