Ipad wont take newer movies.

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Legios, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Legios macrumors regular

I have a 64gb first generation Ipad which has been a rock solid movie player for my kids. I however am experiencing issues getting newer "HD" type movies to sync to it. They are in MP4 format. They load and play fine in Itunes and the filesize isnt excessive.

I searched around and tried both letting itunes try to reencode them and to use Handbrake with the Ipad settings. Even after doing this the movies still wont sync. Do I have to make sure the reencoded version is at the correct resolution? I would have thought that the ipad setting in Handbrake would have done that.

Anyone else have other programs that can reencode these to be able to play on the ipad?

2. Legios thread starter macrumors regular

Either OS, I tried Handbrake encodes with both Win 7 and Mountain Lion.

3. Han Solo 1 macrumors 6502

What iOS are you on? 5.1.1?

4. Legios thread starter macrumors regular

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Have you tried using a third party video player like goodplayer?

6. Legios thread starter macrumors regular

Does that allow you to store the movie on the ipad?

7. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Yes it does indeed

8. Legios thread starter macrumors regular

Awesome, I tried this and it worked for all the movies that played flawlessly in itunes but wouldnt load from Itunes to the ipad.

A new development though is it crashed whenever I tried to add a movie that I know works since it is on my ipad already. Strange but ill take it. I have a full day of cartripping with 2 kids and im just loading up some distractions for them.

Thanks for the tip.