iPad iPad won't turn on

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Duckit, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Duckit macrumors regular

Duckit

I just dug up my old iPad (1st generation) that hadn't been used in probably over a year. I plugged the iPad in and nothing happens. It seems like the battery is completely dead. Any ideas on how to get it working again? :apple:

2. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Make sure you're using an iPad charging cable and once plugged in may take an hour or two before you see any signs of life.

3. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

After an hour or so of charging (plugged into a wall outlet, NOT a PC, and make sure it's an ipad charger, not a 5 watt phone charger), do a hard reset while the ipad is still plugged in. To do a reset, hold down both the power button and home button until either the device boots up or for 30 seconds if it doesn't boot immediately...booting on a basically dead battery, it can take the device a bit longer to respond to the buttons than usual.

If that doesn't work, charge for another hour & repeat. It might take a few tries.

I had to revive two 1st gen ipads this way a month or two back. It took quite a while to wake them from the dead, but they did both eventually come back to a fully functional state.

4. Colster20 macrumors newbie

I'm having a similar problem with my iPad 1, when it charges to 100% and it is not unplugged, I get the attached screen and I can't use it, it usually lasts a couple of days and then it can be used again. Any one else see this screen.

Attached Files:

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Your battery has failed