iPad Worked But iPhone Didn't

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TypeMRT, Jul 1, 2015.

  1. TypeMRT macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2007
    #1
    I updated my iPad from JB 8.1 to 8.4 and immediately jailbroke with no problem using Taig 2.2 and iTunes 12.0.1 on Windows 7 in VMWare.

    I tried to jailbreak 8.4 on my iPhone and kept getting 1101 (iTunes version) and 1005 (turn off Find My iPhone) errors. Upgrading to iTunes 12.2, downgrading to iTunes 12.0.1, and even trying the Apple Driver Fix didn't work. I'm consistently getting stuck at 20%. My iPhone still works fine after about 2 hours of failed jailbreak attempts.

    Any ideas on a fix? I'm thinking of waiting on Taig for Mac.
     
  2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

    Applejuiced

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2008
    Location:
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    #2
    Restore the phone. Put it on airplane mode and try again.
     
  3. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

    Jumpie

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2008
    Location:
    Atlanta
    #3
    i'd be careful running it too many times in vm. i had 17 GBs of other after doing it a ton of times. i ended up having to use my windows machine.
     
  4. thadoggfather macrumors 604

    thadoggfather

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2007
    #4
    I've used about 3GB from the available formatted space, and only installed like 3 apps and a handful of tweaks. ran icleaner too and it only freed up like 300MB.

    I think this is normal, but I tried JB'ing like 30 x in the past day so I dont know. Also, never made it past 40% until the last try that worked. I'm too scared to restore and do it again, it's been hell trying to get it going and it finally did with 32 and 64 bit Win10 and different iTunes/drivers/english and chinese installer.

    Does this sound about right?

    EVen if not, it's no 17GB of usage. Yikes!
     
  5. Westside guy macrumors 601

    Westside guy

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2003
    Location:
    The soggy side of the Pacific NW
    #5
    With the 7.x and 8.x jailbreaks it seems like the success rate is higher with "bare" devices.

    My iPad Mini (1st gen) had been jailbroken on 8.1.2. I restored it to 8.4, but after that the initial jailbreak failed. So what I did next was restore it again, but not restore to a backup after that - I set it up as a new iPad then jailbroken that successfully (and THEN restored from a backup). I've had to take that approach occasionally when upgrading a jailbroken device in the past as well.

    On the other side, my new-ish 6 Plus had not been previously jailbroken and Taig worked on it the first try, without having to jump through any hoops.
     
  6. TypeMRT thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2007
    #6
    This is not working well for me. I tried again using Win7 and Win10, iTunes 12.0.1 and 12.2, with and without drivers, and even the latest Taig 2.3.2. Something finally "worked" after I reinstalled to 8.4, setup as new, then did the jailbreak. Now I'm stuck because I can't get the restore to complete. It just sits with the black screen white Apple logo and progress bar at about 95% full.
    I really don't want to spend the next couple of days rebuilding from new. I've been successfully upgrading since iOS 1 and I definitely want to keep the streak going.
     

Share This Page