iPad iPad... Worth Upgrading?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sulliweb, Dec 31, 2012.

  1. sulliweb macrumors regular


    Mar 13, 2011
    Just looking for some information and opinions... I have an iPad 2. It works perfectly fine, but I've been saving up, and with a little extra that I got at Christmas, I have enough for a new one... I'm debating between that or a laptop/ultrabook/Air... (Yes, the last two would take a couple months of extra savings). Don't bother saying anything about the Regina display. It is nice, but my eyes aren't good enough to tell a huge difference. :eek: The picture is a little clearer. Moving on... Is the extra RAM and new processor with better graphics noticeable? Noticeable enough to buy a new one? I've toyed with one in the store, but two minutes doesn't tell you to much... The experience seems a little smoother, but...

    Anywho, just looking for opinions on the value of upgrading my iPad. I know a lot of people feel the need to upgrade for a lot of reasons. I'm specifically interested in usage. Will I notice the upgrade or am I better off to upgrading the device that I pair with my iPad?

    Thanks for the help!
  2. Che Castro macrumors 603

    May 21, 2009
    Regina does look good

    But at this point with ipad 5 rumors in march I would wait

    Your ipad 2 still works fine
  3. mrgossett macrumors 6502

    Mar 18, 2008
    Who is Regina?
  4. wesk702 macrumors 68000


    Jul 7, 2007
    The hood
    I think it's a other name for that new lightning port on the bottom of the ipad.
    You can see it's new Ragina!
  5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

    Jul 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    If your two works fine, I wouldn't upgrade just yet. If you still find yourself using your current computer a lot, I would upgrade to an Air. If you don't use your computer much because of your iPad, then just hold onto your money.

    I have the two and although I do notice some lag, and I would like the retina screen, I'm still not frustrated by it. I don't upgrade until I'm frustrated by my current device; I'm not frustrated enough by he two's speed or its lack of retina.

    Wait until the iPad 5 comes out and upgrade to a cheap iPad 4.
  6. irDigital0l Guest

    Dec 7, 2010
    Keep your iPad 2 if it still works.

    Its worth waiting at least a month or two. If no new iPad shows up in March then go upgrade.
  7. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020


    Mar 19, 2012
    Hold onto your money until next year. The iPad won't go up in price and you'll have a new design and an overall better device for the same money.
  8. Geekbabe macrumors 6502a


    Nov 20, 2011
    Wait till March on the ipad, wait till summer on the Macbook.. Haswell is coming!
  9. Badrottie Suspended


    May 8, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Just wait for iPad 5. I am perfectly happy with ipad 2 for now and I can wait for ipad 5. :apple:
  10. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

    Oct 22, 2012
    I just got myself a new laptop to replace my existing 5 years old one. It is pretty cheap these days, even cheaper than the cheapest Ipad mini.

    Just to tell you that i dont feel any need or want to upgrade my Ipad 2 at all. Because 3 and 4, dispite being better screen i dont want a heavier device and hotter one. Better get new device to pair with your Ipad or a new laptop. More worthed.
  11. AppleRobert macrumors 603

    Nov 12, 2012
    The 4th gen does not run hot, at least not mine. And the 4 is only 2 ounces heavier.

Share This Page