iPad - Xmas return policy?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jull, Dec 14, 2010.

1. jull macrumors member

jull

Hey all! I have a question! I bought an iPad for my mom and sis for xmas. My mom doesn't want an iPad but I really want her to have one. Long story short, she told me to take it back and get my money since she wont have time for to use it. I acted like I did take it back to the store, but the fact is, I am going to leave it under the xmas tree to see her reaction once she starts unwrapping it. However, I noticed that the receipt says 'return date Dec 18, 2010'. I called the Apple store and asked if that was the last day I could return it and the person on the phone said yes. I was like ok... So I went to the store and I explained my situation and they said that Apple is extending all Xmas returns until January 6th. He also said to not even pay attention to the receipt since anyone can overwrite the return date. I just want to be 100% sure that if my mom doesn't want it on December 25th, I will still be able to get my money back even though the receipt says December 18th. (I attached the receipt below)

Attached Files:

2. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

I know the majority of retailers extend their return policy for these types of items that normally only have 15-30 days to extend till after the holiday for these cases. I know most stores start the 15-30 days from christmas as their "extended" return period.

You should be ok with the apple sales associates explanation, worse comes to worse you try to return they say no & you put up a stink and they end up caving anyways lol

Edit: I checked on apple.com & found this to reassure you

http://www.apple.com/legal/sales_policies/retail_us.html

3. jull thread starter macrumors member

jull

Awesome! Thanks!

4. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

dude, if the store is going to be a prick about it, just return the ipad and re-buy it. then you'll still have an ipad and a longer return date.

5. dunk50 macrumors member

That return policy is a little misleading. An in store credit is not a refund. They still have your money until you need something else from apple. I may not be reading it correctly but I just returned my ipad after 8 days and they wanted to charge me 10% return fee. I was told if it was unopened they would give a full refund, if it was opened the 10% would apply. After a few minutes a mgr waived the fee.

6. jull thread starter macrumors member

jull

True, I'll just return it and rebuy it...Hopefully I get a different person this time around

'hello, welcome to the Apple store, how can I help you?'. 'Yes, I want to return this iPad'. 'ok, done. what else can I help you with?'. 'Ok, now I need to rebuy the same one please' lol