iPad1 64GB or iPad2 16GB

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iJays, May 9, 2011.

1. iJays macrumors regular

hi all,

i just want to get people's views and opinions.
    i bought a used iPad1 64gb for £300 before the release of iPad2 and is working great but i saw an 'unwanted gift' listing on ebay for a 16gb iPad2 for £320.

shall i make the switch to 16gb iPad2 and possibly sell the 64gb iPad1?
    one downside is that i need to remove the videos i currently have now on iPad1 to fit the lower memory iPad2.

thanks all.

2. Frosticus macrumors 6502a

Frosticus

Easy. iPad 2 without a doubt.

I have a 32GB iPad 2 as I thought I'd need space for all my movies too - turns out I could live without it as I just use home sharing from my mac to stream them on demand. I just sync the newest ones.

3. iJays thread starter macrumors regular

thanks.
    do you get any of these ipad screen bleeding issues?

4. Frosticus macrumors 6502a

Frosticus

Although I have heard about them, personally, I have had no problem. Not sure if there is a difference, but I went with the black version.

5. Don Kosak macrumors 6502a

Don Kosak

Given the development over the last year of so many cloud services for iPad, I'd go with the iPad 2.

You'll probably be storing less directly on the iPad, and 16GB is enough for a few movies, plenty of music and apps.

The iPad 2's dual core processor and 512mb internal RAM will make a big difference in performance and keep your iPad viable through the next few iOS releases.

6. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

The extra storage on the iPad is sweet, but double the RAM and double the processor speed is sweeter.

7. Zeos macrumors 6502

Depends on how much of that 64 GB you are using and how much of a pain it would be to manage the content to stay under 16 GB. Personally, I would have to do too much juggling to live with 16 GB, so I would have to do the 64 GB iP1. But if you can manage it, the Ip2 will serve you better for a longer time. You can expect the iP1 to start lagging heavily (soon) with future iOS updates and as developers program for the iP2's hardware.