iPad1 Battery STUCK at 100%...JB 4.2.1

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by atrac7, Apr 4, 2011.

1. atrac7 macrumors regular

Hello all,

I bought an iPad 1 about 2 weeks ago, brand new. All has been well, and I was able to jailbreak it on firmware 4.2.1 using green poison.

I think I made an error yesterday by trying to charge the iPad with a 3rd party connector. It charged fine, and this morning I awoke to a 100% charged battery as usual.

The problem however is that it is STUCK at 100% for the whole day, and that's with a good amount of usage.

I've tried:

-Rebooting (full power off, power on), respringing, trying to sync with itunes, all to no avail. The battery is still stuck at 100%

What is the BEST option for me at this point? If I need to RESTORE, what is the best way to make sure i STAY on 4.2.1 so I can apply the UNTETHERED jailbreak again? The more specific, the more helpful...such as if I were to restore, should I be able to restore from a backup or just create as a brand new iPad?

Thanks everybody, this is really bothering me because being unsure of my battery percentage sucks when leaving the house and not knowing when it'll die.:(

2. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

3. gochi macrumors 6502

Very helpful, indeed.

I can't help you with this, sadly. Perhaps take it to an apple store?

4. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

It's jailbroken. Its a bug. Bringing it to a store in this state could potentially void his warranty. You are very helpful, indeed.

5. atrac7 thread starter macrumors regular

More than likely if I were to take it to the Apple store I'd have restored by then...which hopefully would alleviate the problem at that point.

My main point is, if I have no recourse in my current jailbroken state, what options are the best to restore yet not have to upgrade my firmware (aka losing the chance to jailbreak untethered)

6. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

Out of curiosity, why did you use a third party charger? I've done it a few times with other devices, but it's always been with quality, branded chargers (like charging my Kindle with my BlackBerry's charger), but I wouldn't dare do that with my iPad unless I knew it was top quality since so many of those third party chargers, like third party batteries, can damage your equipment.

By the way, I think using a third party charger may have voided your warranty anyway. At least on some devices I'm pretty sure it does.

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

No way third party chargers void warranty, if it did, we wouldn't have a single Apple device left with any warranty. :eek:

Anyway, OP is in luck, as 4.3.1 JB just came out. So he can just restore to that and see if that fixes his problem.

8. atrac7 thread starter macrumors regular

^^Exactly what i did! All good now :)

Honestly I was using the same charger...just was an extension, so the tip was different...

9. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

I wish my iPad battery was always stuck at 100%, that way, I would never need to charge my iPad.