Ipad1 incompatability with ios5 features?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by chitown23, Mar 1, 2011.

1. chitown23 macrumors newbie

What features do you think will be conveniently left out of iOS5 for Ipad 1 owners...We've seen it before on the touch and 4g vs 3g phones, etc. Granted, all features are speculation - but better multitasking, notifications, nfc/bluetooth ad hoc network connectivity with iphone?, facetime (obviously)

Always a need to upgrade. That is the one reason I am still holding out for the ipad2...I don't want to be left out due to memory constraints.

2. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't be surprised to see Apple turn multitasking on the iPad into a Dashboard or a Mission Control type interface, and the way its constructed might exceed the capabilities of the iPad 1 hardware. This would actually make sense because Apple wouldn't be leaving iPad 1 owners without multitasking - it just wouldn't be the latest and greatest. Just a thought.

3. Davichi macrumors 6502

Right off the bet, it doesn't have a face time camera. So, apple will exclude anything that involves camera in iOs 5 with iPad 1.

Also, iPad 1 runs with 256MB ram and 1GB processor. iPad 2 will most likely have dual core processor.

There will be apps that won't run very well on ipad 1.

4. Krandor macrumors 6502

Since we have no idea what features are going to be in iOS5 right now it is really hard to know which ones won't be for iPad. Hopefully we will know more tomorrow.