Ipad1 issues

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bearcatrp, Oct 1, 2011.

1. bearcatrp, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011

bearcatrp macrumors 68000

Use mine almost every day since it came out. I have severe lag doing anything. Started about a month ago. Is this thing just wearing out? Would a total reset fix this?

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Are You Using Wifi?

Or a direct cable connection to the Internet? First gen's should be fine but it is getting a little long in the tooth now.

If you are using wifi, and if possible try connecting via cable directly to your hub or router, If there is no improvement then I guess it is lagging behind...Upgraded to the latest OS?

3. bearcatrp thread starter macrumors 68000

I do have the latest update. Still works for what I need. Battery life is still great. But if this is apple's way to keep us buying more by building these with a shelf life of only a few years, won't be buying apple again when I'm ready to update. Will try a total reset to see if that fixes things.

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

A Good Idea

Always worth a shot...Clear out and start afresh!

5. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Apple TV, in the iPad forum, with good battery life...

Pardon my ignorance, but: huh?!

6. bearcatrp thread starter macrumors 68000

7. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Yep, just reset that b*tch (restore as new). That should do the trick. What problem(s) are you having exactly?

8. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

I'd be interested to hear if you find a fix... I have an iPad 1, and I've been having the same issue, and slow Internet to boot. Sometimes when I'm typing it takes a long time for each letter I type to show up. I'll repost if I ever figure out what is wrong.

9. Hendjaz, Oct 2, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2011

Hendjaz macrumors newbie

+1 for me. Similar lag in responsiveness in recent months for my launch day iPad1. Let us know if restore makes a difference.

10. bearcatrp thread starter macrumors 68000

Decided to sync it since I haven't done it in a long time. It worked. The lag is gone so far. Really didn't want to nuke it but if it happens again, will reset it.

11. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

Yes, because of course all other manufacturers build their products to last so that you never have to buy another again. :rolleyes:

Seriously, your iPad isn't "wearing out," it probably just needs a good wipe and restore. Even a PC needs that every once in a while.