iPad1 owners, will you upgrade to iPad2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MaxPower49, Mar 2, 2011.

?

iPad1 owners, will you upgrade to iPad2?

1. Yes, I will upgrade.

18 vote(s)
    45.0%
  2. No, I'm content with the iPad1.

22 vote(s)
    55.0%
  1. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yes. But do we really need more threads like this as there are many other similar ones.

3. Davichi macrumors 6502

Absolutely. Dual core processor and cameras are more than enough for me to jump into iPad 2. iPad resale value is so freaking high even after 10-11 months use. I bought my iPad for 399 dollars and sold it for 380 dollars.

Will I pay 10 dollars more and tax to get a new one? That's about 30 dollars difference.

Answer is yes. I will not upgrade to new one every year though, but thinner design and lighter weight will make me jump in. Current iPad was a little bit heavier than I would have liked. Sold mine last week and I am getting mine in 1-2 weeks.

4. aduteau macrumors 6502a

Im glad I did buy the first gen iPad when it came out ...and did not wait for the 2nd gen one because it was a new unproved product. Ive had a whole year of using it and am more then happy about my 1st gen iPad performance.

Now about the iPad 2 ... Being the owner of the iPad 1 ... I am left unimpressed
    with the specs:

Cheap back Camera, same as ipod touch

No mention of RAM ( I guess its 512 mb ... I can still live with my 256 mb of RAM from my 1st gen I guess)

No new screen, no Retina OR no new screen that helps in direct sunlight ... wich for me is a must have.

No Thunderbolt

No SD card reader

Weight is down from 1.5 lb ..... to 1.3 lb .... I guess I wouldn't notice that much ...

Same battery life as 1st gen ...

The new Dual Core A5 ... will take a while for DEVs to really make apps shine with that Dual Core, and by that time when they DO make apps that take the Power of the A5 .. and makes the A4 really obsolete .. the iPad 3 will be right around the corner and by then Multi Cores will be the standard.

Nope ... Not upgrading my iPad 1st gen, Will wait until it really does feel like a MAJOR overall change, this is only a minor speed bump ... AKA iPad 1S ;)

5. Neeliosis macrumors regular

Neeliosis

Not me. I'm gonna be using the same OS to do the SAME thing I do on my curent one.

6. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

I'm going to have to see one in person first.

The updates are awesome, and with apple releasing GarageBand and iMovie I think it shows that they are starting to make the iPad into a more content creation oriented device, so the dual core processor would be nice.

I really like the cover idea though, I am always taking my iPad case on and off because I like the feel of just metal and glass, but sometimes I need to prop it up to type on, so I think that cover fits the bill for me.

As for the cameras, they are cool but I would like to see what the photo resolution of the back facing camera is.

So I may upgrade, it depends how my current iPad will perform with GarageBand.

7. aduteau macrumors 6502a

As long as I can run iOS 5.0 when it comes out (on my iPad 1) ... I am a happy camper ! :)

8. MaxPower49 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm leaning towards not upgrading either. I was really hoping for the antiglare screen.

Faster processor would be kind of nice, but the cameras don't seem all that useful to me. Thinner/lighter is good I guess, but not sure it is worth the hassle of selling mine at a loss and buying a new iPad, case, and screen protector.

9. kevingaffney macrumors 6502a

Definitely not upgrading. Happily wait twelve months for the next incarnation. FaceTime and iMovie only stuff my iPad one won't do and I have enough devices to run those apps if needed