iPad1 Safari not as quick after update

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nzlucas, Mar 31, 2011.

1. nzlucas macrumors member

Has anyone else found safari on the iPad 1 pauses/hangs more often after the latest update. I have n wireless so it always been pretty quick but since the last update it seems to hang often. If you stop the loading page and hit refresh the page then loads quickly.

Its really annoying and my gf just about threw the iPad out the window trying to do some Internet banking last night.

I am wondering if the improvements to safari work great on the iPad 2 but are causing this issue on my iPad?

Any thoughts or experiaces welcome.
    C

2. King Ahab macrumors newbie

I appreciate you sharing this. I haven't upgraded yet and may just wait a while.

3. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

Totally. Mine feels like a new product, and not in a good way.

<Puts on tin foil hat>

This update was probably designed to make our iPads run slower, thereby making us see how much faster the new one is and wanting to replace it.

<End Sarcasm>

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

No. It's faster with the new iOS.

Benchmarks confirm it.

5. docbluedevil macrumors newbie

I bought my first iPad, a gen 1 model a couple weeks ago that came with iOS 3.2.

After reading similar posts about slower speeds after a 4.x update, I have been holding off on updating. I even posted to see what others thought about Safari speeds, amongst other concerns.

I was reassured by many iPad 1 owners who updated that said their Safari performance was the same, if not faster.

Don't know what to think now. I'm sure your observations are true as well as others who have no problems.

6. nzlucas thread starter macrumors member

I think when the pages do load they load faster, but there seems to circumstances when the progress bar stops moving and waits though? I have not found a pattern yet but maybe 1 in 5 loads i does it on average. Can anyone recommend a screen capture app and maybe I can make a video.

I really just wanted to put it out there and see if people have had the same experiences. Seems at least someone else has noticed and I am not going mad.

7. Etrain macrumors 6502

Etrain

Safari seems OK after the update on my iPad 1, but selecting messages in Mail is really slow! It takes 2 seconds between when I select a message and it showing up on the right side in landscape. Anyone notice this?