iPad1 screen protector on an iPad2??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RedStorm, Mar 6, 2011.

1. RedStorm macrumors newbie

I'm looking at a screen protector and stylus to have ready when I pick up my iPad2.

I know that the iPad 2 is almost the same dimensions as the first one, but I don't know how close screen protectors get to the edge and if the slightly smaller dimensions of ipad2 will create a problem

specifically, I'm considering the Moshi iVisor screen protector.

Also, are the Targus, Griffin, Boxwave, Acase all the same stylus? Any difference whatsoever between them?

Any probelm with these styluses and the Moshi screen protector?

Thanks!!

2. RedStorm thread starter macrumors newbie

man, I wish I had a funny joke to put here to make this bump less obvious...

3. poloponies macrumors 68030

Using the FaceTime camera through the screen protector will make you look like you're in a Barbara Streisand video.

4. tac22 macrumors 6502

The iPad 2 is slightly smaller in all directions. I compared the dimensions listed in tech specs, the difference at first I thought was just that there is less alum. Bezel, and there is, but there is a bigger difference in the wiidths. (the 2 sides without the ff camera and home button. And it appears to be slightly slimmer. Not enough to notice it if your just looking.

Though what I'm trying to say is if you use a screen protector from the first gen it will be a little to big and be slightly over the side.

5. xraytech macrumors 68020

iPad 1 Screen Overlays will not fit on iPad 2. iPad 2 is slightly smaller and you'll need a cut out for the FaceTime Camera.