Ipad2 16go 3G upgrade advice

Discussion in 'iPad' started by macmahon70, May 7, 2012.

1. macmahon70 macrumors member

macmahon70

Hello,

I have an Ipad 2 (16Go 3g) which fell and the screen has a crack (a fine line), I can still use it but less comfortably than before. So now, I am thinking to purchase a new Ipad. I could sell mine but I am not sure how much I could get from it. Since I already have a 3G model, may be I could just keep the one i have and purchase a 32Gb Wifi only instead? Or should I go for the new Ipad?

Many thanks,

Olivier

2. Chairman.Jobbie macrumors 6502

Why keep 2 devices? If it was me id sell the cracked one and buy new 16 with 4g if that's the model you want. Not sure how much youd get for cracked ipad 2 but there will always be someone who wants it.

3. harlex macrumors member

Why buy a new iPad, the screens are an easy replacement, I don't where you are in the world, but my brother had his iPad 2 screen replaced for £50 all in, it is only the glass and they are about £20 if you want to do it yourself. You Tube shows how to replace the glass. Also as it is a fine crack this maybe down to the tight fitting in the case, which has been mentioned somewhere in the blogs. Maybe a nice friendly chat at your main Apple store at the Genius bar might help, but first make an appointment with Apple, I mean a grovel might get you a replacement.

Good luck, there is no need to buy another.

If you do buy another repair the old (worth while) and then put it on Gumtree or ebay.

4. macmahon70 thread starter macrumors member

macmahon70

I live in Belgium, I was given a price quote of 180€ for replacement, which is too much for me...I am planning to go to Holland next WE and visit the Apple Store there and give it a try as you suggest. May be I will be lucky...

Thank you for the advice,

Olivier

5. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

If its just the front glass I would look around for a repair shop to replace just the glass. It Will be a lot cheaper than the Apple repair.