Ipad2 4.3.3, but TU saves SHSH for 5.0.1 ? true ?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by jigsb007, Jan 8, 2012.

1. jigsb007 macrumors 6502

Experts,

I have descided to upgrade to 5.0.1, so that when the JB for ipad2 , 5.0.1 comes out, i can straight away do JB, without worring of WHAT if Apple stop signing 5.0.1..

So, i thougth b4 i do , let me save my 4.3.3 SHSH. but TV saves SHSH for 5.0.1 succesfully, even my ipad has currently 4.3.3.

Do i still need to upgrade to 5.0.1 ? my only intentaion for going 5.0.1 was , so that i dont have to worry for 5.0.1 ( if JB comes out for it and Apple release 5.0.2 and stop siging 5.0.1 )

But, since my TU has saved SHSH 5.0.1, even Apple release 5.0.2 and stop signing 5.0.1, i still can upgrade to 5.0.1 ( using that Saved SHSH ...correct ????)

so, should i move to 5.0.1 or Not..Bit confusing..

please advice.. Thanks..

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I believe starting with iOS 5.0 the giant (apple) changed the whole saving shsh blobs procedure.. so it doesn't work anymore. So even if you have saved hashes it might not work.

Best bet is to up to 5.0.1 and wait for the A5 jB

3. Dav1 macrumors 6502

If you have just now saved your SHSH blobs, then you don't have SHSH blobs saved for 4.3.3, so you can NOT go back to it! You might look at a program called iFath, (not sure it supports your iPad2) to attempt to recover your 4.3.3 SHSH blobs. Me I would stay where you are, if the jailbreak is important to you, and not be among the first to upgrade/jailbreak your iPad2. I suggest you wait a week, and see if there are any negative reports. There are three betas of redsn0w for 5.0.1 for existing A4 devices, because there were issues with the first two.

If your device has a 3G connection, I believe it maybe even more important to stay where you are.

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Actually SHSH's are very important, keep saving them if you ever want to dowgrade to 5+ version in the future.

form Notcom on twitter:
    "notcom semaphore
    Make sure you /definitely/ have your 5.0.1 SHSH saved with the latest TU. Quite important!
    20 december"

TU and Cydia will both save your 5.01 SHSH if you are on 4.3.3