Ipad2 and printers

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ROGERWILCO357, Jun 15, 2011.

1. ROGERWILCO357 macrumors 6502

ROGERWILCO357

will this Ipad 2 work with all printers or only specific ones ? I have the Epson Artisan 835 all in one and it shows up on my MBP but no on my Ipad2 what gives do I need to download drivers or something since that is the network wireless printer I use on all pc's in the house.

2. patrickj, Jun 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2011

patrickj macrumors regular

For a MacBook Pro, or any Mac, the little free utility you need is AirPrint Activator: http://netputing.com/airprintactivator/

There are also several good (paid) 3rd party apps that support a much wider range of printers than AirPrint un-tweaked does.

3. ROGERWILCO357 thread starter macrumors 6502

ROGERWILCO357

4. ROGERWILCO357 thread starter macrumors 6502

ROGERWILCO357

tried it didnt work

well tried it and it would not download and the ipad cannot download to it directly need to plug it in to the computer for it to download? is there a way to download it directly to the ipad?

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

You are supposed to download and install it on your computer! Not the iPad!

6. ROGERWILCO357 thread starter macrumors 6502

ROGERWILCO357

tried

and it didn't work , now i understood that part but ask if there is a program or way to download directly to the ipad without the assistance of the laptop?

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

No. It's a program that you install on your laptop. Downloading it to your iPad won't do anything -- it's not like you can run this program on your iPad.

8. telecomguy macrumors newbie

Actually, I am having the same problem. I have WiFi printing on my home network. My PC laptops and MacBook Pro can access it w no problems. But my iPad2 is unable to detect the WiFi printer. I've tried downloading several free apps but they did not work.

Does anyone know how I can configure my iPad2 to be able to print to a regular WiFi printer?

9. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

AirPrint Activator!!

Worked for me. Simple. Just be sure to SHARE YOUR PRINTER as I bet that is what most people are missing. I know I did the first time. ;)