Ipad2>Android TF Transformer>Ipad2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rirawin, Oct 14, 2011.

1. rirawin macrumors regular

So I sold my Ipad2 a few months ago and got the TF Transformer and Dock and to taste Android in tablet form.

Now the TF and dock is a great idea, unless you tried it ASUS has hit the perfect keyboard+tablet combination. Nothing currently avaliable for the Ipad comes close at all. I could use expandable memory too, and use it to connect via the HDMI. All very nice touches but the keyboard and tablet form was what sold me so I could be more productive in a tablet/net-book hybrid.

Now here's the problem, Android isn't really good compared to iOS. Stability wise its hit and miss which sort of misses the point in being productive when you receive force crashes. Another issue is the quality of apps which I dearly missed from the appstore. There's some good ones for sure but they overall lack the polish and quality I was accustomed to.

Widgets were nice but then I didn't really use them that much to be honest. Flash wasn't as big as a deal as I though since I heard go to any sites with any Flash content so that was surprising.

Battery life was great, over 16hours with the dock which is great but I had to configure the tablet itself since it kept getting updates from twitter, email and draining the battery faster than I imagined when I got it.

Plus the build quality of the tablet was not as nice, I do enjoy using the keyboard and tablet hybrid but I'm going to sell and go back to iOS despite the restrictions.

So yeah probably get a 32gb instead of my original 16gb Ipad2 but sadly Android hopefully gets better but at the moment iOS is clearly the winner in my eyes.

2. doboy macrumors 68000

You should just wait and get a Transformer 2 with quad-core.:D I also have an android tablet device, but rarely use it. At least I can use it for 3G hotspot. Love my iPad 1 & 2 much much more.

3. rirawin thread starter macrumors regular

For a 25% increase in speed?. Yet the problems of Android OS still remaining?. No thanks.

Tegra2 is a joke, there's only a few games that actually utilise it. I think under 10 and the games look the same as a decent ipad2 game.

I stick to my Android phone though which I find much better in my workflow however, sticking to Ipad2. Wish Apple could so something like the Asus dock which is pure quality.

4. doboy macrumors 68000

I was just kidding.

5. Stuntman06 macrumors 6502a

Stuntman06

I was deciding between the iPad 2 and the Eee Pad Transformer as well. In the end, I decided to go with the Eee Pad Transformer with the keyboard dock. I do a lot of typing while on the net as I am fairly active on various forums. I just cannot see my getting comfortable with just the touch screen keyboard.

I did consider the various keyboard attachments available for the iPad 2. In the end, I felt the keyboard dock for the Eee Pad was better than anything similar for the iPad 2.

I have tried both and felt that the software and UI was better on the iPad 2. I liked how you can pinch to zoom on a video and it would go full screen on the iPad. In the end, the hardware edged out the software for me.

I am very satisfied with the Eee Pad and do not regret my decision at all. The Eee Pad has almost completely replaced my laptop. I still fire up my laptop a couple of times a week. The rest of the time, I just use my Eee Pad.

I think I would have been happy either way. There are things I really like about the Eee Pad more than the iPad. There are also some things I liked about the iPad more than the Eee Pad.