Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sebseb81

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2010
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew if there were any improvements at all to the screen of the iPad 2. I'm not talking about Retina display. I'm thinking more about the pre-March 2 rumors that the screen would be more smudge-proof, give off less glare, or be "thinner" in some way.

Any info?

Thanks,

SF

ovrlrd

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2009
Thinner? Yes it looks like it, at least early reports indicate a laminated screen like the iPhone 4.
Less glare? Nope not at all, reports from the hands on room said tons of glare still. Side by side comparisons seem to show no change as well.
Less Smudges? Sorry but I never thought this was gonna happen. The only way to improve this would just make the glass more likely to get scratched. No way they would change it.

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Thinner? Yes it looks like it, at least early reports indicate a laminated screen like the iPhone 4.
Less glare? Nope not at all, reports from the hands on room said tons of glare still. Side by side comparisons seem to show no change as well.
Less Smudges? Sorry but I never thought this was gonna happen. The only way to improve this would just make the glass more likely to get scratched. No way they would change it.

Nice.. the "thinner" thing I was curious about, just like the iPhone 4's screen. That definitely must have helped them to reduce the thickness of the iPad.

sebseb81

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2010

Thanks for the info!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.