iPad2 Apps for Office

Discussion in 'iPad' started by EdDigitalMac, Oct 27, 2011.

1. EdDigitalMac macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone can share how we use our iPads in the office or while on business trips (apart from games and e-mails of course) in replacement of our laptops?

Examples of 'how to' and useful apps use would be great as I find myself opening my laptop less and less and would like to be able to present Powerpoint using ipad, edit docs, exels, PDFs, and of course sync it with my MacBook Pro at work while both in the office and on the road

Also with the latest OS updates, seem my iWord no longer able to open doc. word attachment files??

Thanks guys....

2. RByers89 macrumors newbie

I either use citrix for my works windows login or splash top to login to my Mac mini at home if I need anything. Looking into buying a office program for the iPad but it works pretty easily through Citrix and splashtop.

3. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

iWord? What's that?

4. EdDigitalMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Apologies....iWork :p

----------

How does citrix or splash top works? What the difference versus, let's say Dropbox?? And what add apps do you need in general to open/ edit those documents?

- PDFs
    - Office Words, Excel, PPT
    - Pictures sharing?
    - Notes taking (if any)

5. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

Citrix and Splashtop just remote into your computer. I wouldn't rely on that.

I use Docs To Go and QuickOffice. They both sync with Dropbox, which is convenient. What I'd really like is a Dropbox-like feature on iCloud. I'd "drop" dropbox right away if/when that happens.

6. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

There shouldn't be any issue. Might be a faulty installation or restore.