iPad2 April ... iPad3 September???

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SaMaster14, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaMaster14 macrumors 6502

Well, I'm coming here for credit/discredit to a rumor that i heard from someone who seemed pretty confident. I said that a new Ipad(2) would probably come out in April, and he said "yah, and then another in September"

I personally think he was mistaken in what he said (maybe iPad2 in April, and an OS update/the new iPod Touch in September)... but has anyone else heard this?

Or maybe a Mac with a touch screen will be coming this September...?

Thanks!

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

There have been rumours saying this...but they are only rumours.

3. SaMaster14 thread starter macrumors 6502

Why would Apple release an update to a device, and then only a few months later (the next season!) release another update??

Just wondering...

4. windSurfer21 macrumors newbie

Yeah man iPad 3 in September then iPad 4 in October then iPhone 6 in December then Mac with dual screens that fold into your pocket then iPhone 8 will have a part of Steve Jobs' soul and it will mow your lawn, wash your car, wash your dishes, fold your clothes, grooms your dog, and even make calls.

Your friend is confident...in his ability to read. But his critical thinking ability is worse than that of a gnat.

5. SaMaster14 thread starter macrumors 6502

bro, i was just posting what I had heard. no need to hyperbolize my post... and make a meaningless post ;)

6. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

7. WLS macrumors 65816

all we know are rumors. Here are some more:
    http://www.9to5mac.com/52596/apple-exploring-6-inch-ipadipod-touch-for-fall-2011
    they tend to say a new device is coming in the Fall. I want to believe it is a 5-6 inch iPad Touch (maxitouch??) I sold my iPad 1. If all that comes out this April is an iPad 1.5 then I may wait for Fall. The current iPad is too heavy and large to be as portable as I would like- and yes I do lift weights at the gym. Just try and hold it like a book or magazine and read it for an hour. There is room in the lineup for a maxiTouch

8. windSurfer21 macrumors newbie

But I heard it from someone who was confident.

9. poloponies macrumors 68030

There is no publicly-available information on new products (or product updates) from Apple. They are extremely secretive about such things. There's a consensus on an educated guess that the iPad will be updated soon - it's nearing its birthday and is starting to see competitive devices reaching market. As far as September goes, it's truly anyone's guess. IF anything happens in September (or the last quarter of the year) it's more plausible that it would be a new product entirely. But a March-April update followed by a September update is pretty far-fetched.

AND it's still all a guess.

10. SaMaster14 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, if you look at the other replies, what I posted has some definite credibility in the rumor mill.

11. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

This has been discussed at length here in this thread

Feel free to add your thoughts and take up the discussion again there

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.