iPad2 at Oxmoore Mall Louisville

Discussion in 'iPad' started by imutter, Mar 17, 2011.

1. imutter, Mar 17, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2011

imutter macrumors 6502

imutter

I was at the Apple store at around noon. I had some questions and the guy told me they had every day (of course already sold for today) a few iPad2s coming in all this week.
    That is the Apple store in Luoisville KY Oxmoore Mall.
    This is what he told me. So good luck!

2. atlanta213 macrumors newbie

Hey were you able to buy ipad2??

I went to the apple store on Friday and Sat and could not buy it.

Do you think they will get more ipad2 tomorrow?

i appreciate any information

3. flurffmeister macrumors member

I was there Saturday morning and did not get one (there were about 20 something, all 32 gig wifi). Sunday morning and Monday morning both they did not even get a single iPad. They said that they do receive shipments daily (even Sunday) but they are not sure until they open them whether there are iPads in them or not. They say whether they have any or not some time between 8-9 am (closer to 9 am today), but by that time there are so many people in line, if there were any, you would not get one at the end of the line. So, the three options in Louisville are
    1. scavenging the online stock checkers and rushing to Walmart, Best Buy, or Target,
    2. ordering online and getting it some time in May, or
    3. lining up at 4 AM outside the Oxmoor mall and making friends with the security guard to let you stay there and keep your place in line. Normally you're told to wait in your car, but with iPad 2 fever, playing by the rules means somebody who gets there after you and hasn't been told lines up right in front of you.

Apple flubbed this one big time. They should have handled it like the iPad last year, where you could reserve online for in-store pickup. That way, you would know for sure if you were going to get one, and they would know how many to ship and where to ship them. This waiting 4 hours only to get told there are none whatsoever is not going to keep a lot of folks motivated to try.

I don't have a whole lot of choice, I have to get it for development. If I were only interested due to my geekness, I'd just give up and wait til September for the HP TouchPad, the only other tablet that cranked up my geek meter this year. By then, I should be able to buy one or the other without any of these lines and uncertainty.

4. KYbrucewayne macrumors newbie

Target at Springhurst has several. All colors and sizes (only wifi, though). Just left with a 32gb white iPad 2 five minutes ago. There were still several in the case.

5. johnk356 macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tip KYbrucewayne. I went out there and got a 32GB white wifi. When I left they had a couple white wifi 64GBs and I think more 32s in the back.

6. imutter thread starter macrumors 6502

imutter

Crazy here today noon and they still got plenty left
    Mine is replaced for backlight issues

7. imutter thread starter macrumors 6502

imutter

can't edit the first page evenso I started the thread?

Anyway Oxmoore Mall had line at Apple store at 10am

by noon they all got their iPad and when I left after my Appointment at 1.13pm
    there was plenty left........the cart I saw had like 20 or 30 more boxes
    and I overheard them saying they get more tomorrow