IPad2 at Walmart?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sam2428, Mar 18, 2011.

1. sam2428 macrumors 6502

I see all this talk about people camping at apple stores and getting lucky at target...has anyone been finding ipad2's at walmart?

2. jeff_siler macrumors 6502

My local Walmart said that they won't sell iPad 2's until they sell all of their iPad 1 inventory. HA:(

3. kcsr macrumors member

I've been tracking the local Wal-mart inventory carefully. Finally saw some inventory updates last night, so I drove to the Wal-mart about 30 min away that supposedly had them. they told me they didn't have any, so I gave them the Wal-mart product numbers. They checked them and said they aren't valid. I happened to have all of the UPC numbers too, so they used those to find the items in the system. They went back and searched and found nothing. Interestingly, while the Asst Manager was in back searching for them, I overheard a conversation between him and the store manager. One of the employees had left a walkie-talkie on a charger at the electronics counter and left the volume turned up. The Asst Mgr could be heard asking (I assume) the Store Mgr about a new iPad 2 shipment. She stated that they were holding them for a weekend sale and so none were available now.

The Asst Mgr came back and told me simply that they didn't have any in stock, and that the inventory may show up as "in stock", even if they don't actually have any in store, because inventory changes as soon as the contents of a future truck/shipment are finalized. Sounds like b.s to me - especially since the Store Mgr implied that they had some in stock and were holding them back.

Anyway, I'm still looking for one ...

4. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

They were trying to hold onto them so they could get their friends and family to buy them up and resell them probably.

5. kcsr macrumors member

yep, could be. either way, i'm very disappointed that i was apparently lied to, and that they wouldn't sell me one. i only spend about $10k/yr at Walmart (incl. groceries), but if this is the crap i can expect then i'll take all of my $ to the (more expensive) neighborhood grocery.