iPad2 cannot be synced. The required file cannot be found.

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jeffreyk, May 16, 2011.

1. jeffreyk macrumors regular

jeffreyk

I just purchased my 64GB 3G WiFi iPad2, did a clean install, painstakingly got all my apps back in their folders where I had them with my iPad1, and when I went to upload my pictures to my iPad2 I get the message of

"iPad2 cannot be synced. The required file cannot be found."

This error occurs every time I try to sync my photos to my iPad 2. I searched on the web for a solution, found one possible solution by deleting my "iPod iPhoto Cache" from my Pictures folder (not the Library folder) and I cannot get my pictures on my iPad no matter what I try. I get that error message over and over and over again.

Any ideas? I've been trying to solve this issue over the last hour and I've had no luck. Thanks.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

One or more of your photo files is corrupt. When I had this problem, I used a photo viewer program to view all the photos, which helped me find the corrupt photos. Delete them, and the rest should sync.

3. jeffreyk thread starter macrumors regular

jeffreyk

What was the photo viewer you used and how would a corrupt file appear so I would know which one (or two or three, etc.) to delete? Thanks.

4. jeffreyk thread starter macrumors regular

jeffreyk

Or, what if I bought the iPhoto Version from the Desktop app Store? Would that, by downloading that version, overwrite the corrupted files with iPhoto?

5. jeffreyk thread starter macrumors regular

jeffreyk

Okay, I don't really understand this but I was able to load up just 552 of approximately 9,000 photos of my photos onto the iPad2 but all the other pics get the error message I mentioned and cannot be uploaded. I don't want to upload my entire library of 9k pics but more than I already have. I don't understand how my entire iPhoto library could be corrupted this much.

Any suggestions on how to proceed? Thanks.

6. jeffreyk thread starter macrumors regular

jeffreyk

After working about two days on this I cannot figure out a solution to this iPhoto/iPad2 photo sync issue/conundrum/problem/whatever you want to call it no matter what I do to try to correct this matter. Fortunately, I also have Aperture 3 on my Mac so I just uploaded and synched up the photos I wanted on my iPad thru Aperture 3. I still have no idea on how to fix the iPhoto/iPad2 issue - which still bugs me that I can't fix it - as everything I've tried amounts to frustration in trying to fix this issue. But, Aperture 3 works so that'll do I suppose.