ipad2 & car stereo

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kenniiiiii, Apr 26, 2011.

1. kenniiiiii macrumors member

is it possible to hook up the ipad2 to your car and play music off of it? if so, what do i need in order to. thanks

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

3. kenniiiiii thread starter macrumors member

i found out u can install an ipad on a car, but i want to know if you can just use a usb cable to connect to it. but i dont think its not as simple just plugging in a usb cable

4. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

On my car I need to use an adapter kit so I could attached the 30 pin connector to the rear of my stereo.

5. kenniiiiii thread starter macrumors member

mind telling me what that adapter kit is? is it compatible with all cars?

6. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

7. kenniiiiii thread starter macrumors member

aw, didnt see my car. bummer.. thanks anyway my friend

8. g/love macrumors newbie

If your car has an AUX input jack on it. If so, connect a cable from your headphone out to AUX in.
    If your car has a USB port on it, connect your 30pin to USB connector.
    If your car is older and you see neither, you can open up your car stereo to gain access to the rear of the unit and sii if there is a AUX in port there that is just not connected. you can connect a cable to it and snake it out.

9. saketpandit macrumors newbie

yes. All you need is an auxiliary in port on your car stereo and then an aux in cable. plug the cable into the headphone port of your iPad and the other end into your car stereo.

10. normanbates macrumors regular

You can always get an iTrip. That'll plug into the bottom of your iPad and whatever music your playing it will transmitt it over the radio. Just make sure your stereo is tuned into the same frequency as the iTrip and your not using a station that is reserved for commercial radio. There are plenty of iTrip's and variants

11. Tortri macrumors 6502a

Tortri

Using the AUX you can buy the Belkin Bluetooth Car Hands-Free Kit which acts as a bluetooth receiver for your stereo. Plug it in the Cigarette port(which conveniently has a usb port in it) and of course plug in your 3.5 in AUX and place the mic where ever and now you have a nice bluetooth system that'll connect to your ipads bluetooth while charging via usb if you feel like it.

Personally I bought the RAM Flexible arm that attaches to the passenger seat for my ipad car mount. Just hope the ipad 3 fits the older mounts.

12. billy2012 macrumors newbie

:D IPad 3 will come out soon!Happy with this news?