iPad2 connect Macbook Air 2013 problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by greatwall9528, Aug 24, 2013.

1. greatwall9528 macrumors newbie

greatwall9528

The Macbook Air is the 2013 newest version,when I connect my iPad2 to it, the screen of iPad2 keep twinkling, that is because the connection is remaining changing on and off, I don't know how to solve it,anyone can help?

2. jadAce macrumors regular

jadAce

What do you mean by "twinkling"? Do you mean the screen comes on and off on the iPad?

3. greatwall9528 thread starter macrumors newbie

greatwall9528

That just appearace like if you connect iPad to a normal computer and disconnect it immediately then connect it again immediately then disconnect.....

4. greatwall9528 thread starter macrumors newbie

greatwall9528

I seems to have found out the reason,maybe the voltage provide by the newest Macbook Air,or the old connecting line.

When I full charged the iPad,it can be connected,but if it is not full charged,it would fail.I think that maybe the new Air can not provide enough voltage,I don't know if it is because of the power provider or the new battery.For I haven't got an iPad with the new connecting line,I can not admit it.Maybe the line is the reason,perhaps the compatibility,for this situation is often happened in the old facilities.

5. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

i'm not 100% sure what you are saying here but i can tell you that my wife's ipad 1 won't charge off of a macbook pro ethernet - it needs to be plugged into a wall.

usb 3.0 puts out about 900mA at 5V which is an 80% increase over USB 2.0
    so your ipad will charge off of your laptop but it will do so slowly - and even slower if at all if you are actually using the ipad at the time.

6. greatwall9528 thread starter macrumors newbie

greatwall9528

Oh,I think I have found out the real answer, it is the voltage,the voltage is not not enough ,it is just between can and cannot (what's the design),as we know ,when we connect the iPad to normal PCs,it will shown not charging,that's voltage is not enough.
    I am not certain that the voltage provided by different countries are the same,maybe in some counties they don't have this kind of problem.