iPad2 freezes video stream, all players, multiple networks

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Howard Borden, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Howard Borden macrumors newbie

I was looking forward to streaming video on my new iPad2 but it's not working. After 20 seconds or so, video and audio freeze. Interestingly, the timeline continues to progress. If you click behind the timeline but ahead of the freeze point, the video and audio pick up there instantly... So it's not like the bits aren't getting there!

I'm having this trouble on every wifi network I've connected to - which include both G and N routers. The problem occurs in Netflix, YouTube, ABC Player. I have the wifi-only model iPad2.

Help!

Howard

2. Capt T macrumors 6502a

Could be your Internet speed or more so your latency, since all those apps are Internet streaming. Have you done a speed test? Are there other computers or Internet devices on and using bandwidth at the same time?If you have done a speed test did it give you your ping results, and if so what are they?

Edit: also could depend on your intent provider. Some choke the speeds down after x amount of usage.

3. Howard Borden thread starter macrumors newbie

Network speed does not appear to be the issue

Thanks for the reply!

ping 176ms
    down 13.38 Mbps
    up 3.97 Mbps
    As tested from the iPad. As I mentioned I've had the same problem on different networks (in different cities)
    I have had the iPad for two weeks and have always experienced the problem.
    On current network, Netflix streams without issue on Mac mini, windows 7 laptop, blu-ray player.

Howard

4. Howard Borden thread starter macrumors newbie

OS ver 4.3.1 fixed the problem!

Although not mentioned in the documentation, the upgrade to OS 4.3.1 fixed the freezing video stream problem on my iPad2.