iPad2 from Powermax?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Celeron, May 19, 2011.

1. Celeron macrumors 6502a

Has anyone ordered AND received an iPad2, any model, from Powermax? I've had one on order since April 14th and still haven't received it. Unfortunately, not details or ETA is being provided, other than "we have no estimate". I'm just curious to know if anyone has received one from Powermax.

2. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

You could have had one direct from Apple by now. You should cancel that order and just get one directly from Apple.

3. jfrancis04 macrumors 6502a

I placed an order with them on Monday and haven't heard anything yet. Trying to decide if no tax and free shipping is worth the wait.

4. Celeron thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have credit on account with Powermax so I don't want to order from Apple. From Powermax I'm not having to shell out real money for it.

5. PowerMaxNW macrumors newbie

PowerMaxNW

iPad 2 from PowerMax

Hi!

I'm sorry for the delay on your iPad 2. We have been back-ordered on iPads and we apologize. If you would like to e-mail me the e-mail address you used when placing your order with us, I would be more than happy to check the status of your order.

Thanks!

Kelly Cooper

kelly_cooper@csnw.com

6. jfrancis04 macrumors 6502a

Not to be "that guy," but do you actually work for Powermax? I've ordered from them before and all my emails come from someone "@powermax.com."

7. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

csnw.com does appear to be the parent of powermax (Computer Stores NW). I would just make sure you do not provide any personal information until you are absolutely sure of who you are talking to.

8. Charadis macrumors 6502a

Interesting. The account user appears to have just recently registered here, too.

-C

Sent from my iPad

9. Built macrumors 68020

According to linkedin, Kelly Cooper does work for Computer Stores Northwest (CSNW), parent of Powermax...My opinion is that her offer of assistance is legitimate.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/kellyjcoop

10. Charadis macrumors 6502a

She appears to be pretty educated and cute. Though I can't tell much from just her profile pic, I'd need a full body shot. Other than that, looks legitimate to me.

-C

Sent from my iPad

11. Built macrumors 68020

This isn't Match.com...LOLOL...:)

12. Charadis macrumors 6502a

She has one of those? Could use a backup source to confirm her existence.. Just lookin out for our OP :)

-C

Sent from my iPad

13. jfrancis04 macrumors 6502a

If you don't mind, let me know what you find out. I have one ordered from there as well and haven't heard anything at all. Placed the order a week ago.

14. PowerMaxNW macrumors newbie

PowerMaxNW

iPad 2 Status

Hi,

If you would prefer, you can also e-mail me at kelly@powermax.com or you can call your sales person directly and they will be able to provide you with an estimated shipping date.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Have a great day,

Kelly

15. digitalField macrumors regular

I can vouch for her, just went camping with her this past weekend. She is a good person, does work for CSNW and will help with your order.

M

16. PowerMaxNW macrumors newbie

PowerMaxNW

Thanks for the vouch Mickey!

17. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Any news?

All, I ordered one last week from PowerMax.com with the same estimate of 2-3 weeks, which I certainly have no problem with. However, after reading that people who ordered back in April STILL haven't received their iPad 2's, I'm growing quite worried. Has there been any progress on these at all?

Also, while the people at powermax do seem very competent and cordial (and I do realize that they're at the mercy of Apple and it's attempts to keep supply up to demand), it IS worrisome to me that if they're habitually NOT getting product in and continually promising "2-3 weeks" that there should be more transparency.

Thoughts?

18. Celeron thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry, i never came back to this thread. I did finally get my ipad2 on June 1st. I've been using it ever since, it's really great. I placed my order on April 14th, so it took quite a while to get here. Im not sure what the wait time is at PowerMax at this point.

19. petechan macrumors newbie

I placed my order with powermax on the second week of May and received it about five weeks later. I ordered a 16GB black no wifi. Little if any backlight bleeding too. Very happy with it. My sales rep Michelle has been wonderful. Almost bought one at bestbuy but they would not let me open to box to check, so I just waited.

20. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Thanks for the insight. I'm starting to wonder whether I should just cancel my order w/them since it's looking like "2-3 weeks" will probably be more like 5-6 weeks. Especially since the university store here on campus has every model of iPad in stock (including 10 of the one I'm looking to buy).

Thanks again!

21. larrynp macrumors newbie

Still no Ipad2

Hey folks, I ordered an Ipad2 6 1/2 weeks ago from Powermax and still don't have it! All I get from customer service is "we are at the mercy of Apple" Meanwhile I traded in my Ipad to them so I am stuck. When I ordered it they assured me a 4-5 week delay. Any suggestions? How about Kelly Cooper? Can you help me??