iPad2 Green Screen Tint

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by designprof, Feb 13, 2013.

1. designprof macrumors newbie

I am trying to repair an iPad 2 that was messed up by a previous user.
    The screen has an overall green tint but I can still see the icons and the ipad behaves normally...wifi, everything. I have checked the LCD cable and connectors but nothing I do changes the green tint. :D

When I connect the iPad to the TV via AirPlay, the image on the TV is perfect. Great color and no green tint. :)

So here's my question:
    Is the iPad itself OK and should I just replace the screen?
    Or is there still some other serious issue to deal with?
    Should I risk buying a new LCD? ($$$) :(

2. fskywalker macrumors 65816

fskywalker

My son's screen went green yesterday for like 15 minutes, then it went black again. Is this an early sign of failure? It has apple care for like 1 more month and wonder if should ask for warranty service, the problem they may not take it since cannot show them the issue right now.

3. mccarthyl715 macrumors newbie

Similar Issue

I also have a very similar issue...the digitizer was replaced by someone and now everything works except the lcd shows a green hue. I have discovered that one of the lcd filters is missing and must have came dislodged from the logic board during replacement. After attempting to transplant a filter from an ipod touch 4th generation to no avail, i have decided to sit and wait until i come across a dead ipad to steal the filter from. I have included pictures of the lcd connector with the chip missing and one of the ipod filter transplanted.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. fskywalker macrumors 65816

fskywalker

I got my son's Ipad replaced through Applecare, can't comment on what was wrong since the retailer just ordered a replacement unit.

5. designprof thread starter macrumors newbie

Info on the filter

Thanks for your information and photos! I took a look at my iPad and, sure enough, one of the filter chips had been torn off. I researched the circuit diagram and found it to be a TCM0605 - SYM_VER-2 90-OHM-50MA
    I was able to order a bunch of these from Digi-Key - cheap. Now I have to see if I can solder one onto my board...they are SMALL!

designprof