ipad2 headphone splitter

Phillie14586

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2010
Does any one recommend a headphone splitter that works with an iPad2? The reason I am asking is that when my daughter tried to use her headphones with my new iPad the plug did not go in far enough to work. I found another pair of headphones that worked fine. It looks like the plastic housing of the plug hits the bevel of the iPad. I am needing a splitter so both my son and daughter can watch movies on a long plane ride next month.

jsh1120

macrumors 65816
Jun 1, 2011
There are many options. If I were you, I'd go to Radio Shack or a similar establishment and try out the options. My experience with RS is that they'll be happy to let you try a product they have in stock.

iPutz

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2011
If you have an iPod, the cord for the ear buds are in two parts. Use the cord that is not connected to the ear buds to connect to your iPad and plug the splitter into that.

:edit to say iPod not iPad:

Last edited:

Shawnpk

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Does any one recommend a headphone splitter that works with an iPad2? The reason I am asking is that when my daughter tried to use her headphones with my new iPad the plug did not go in far enough to work. I found another pair of headphones that worked fine. It looks like the plastic housing of the plug hits the bevel of the iPad. I am needing a splitter so both my son and daughter can watch movies on a long plane ride next month.
I went to RadioShack and picked up a random splitter. It works with my iPhone 4, iPad 2 and MacBook Pro. They will definitely let you try before you buy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.