Ipad2 imported videos go black

Discussion in 'iPad' started by njchris, Apr 16, 2011.

1. njchris macrumors regular

njchris

So I converted some DVDs to video files using dvdfab 8 and they will play great on the iPad.

However, if I hit the home button then try to go back to videos it will just be a black screen with no options. Tapping the screen does nothing. I can only hit the home button. Sometimes rebooting the iPad doesn't fix it. I have to go to the search page on the home screens to find another video and start it from there. Does anyone else have this issue?

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Use DVDFab to rip the main title uncompressed then run it through Handbrake. See if that works better (you'll also get the AAC & AC3 audio tracks with Handbrake)

3. njchris thread starter macrumors regular

njchris

I believe dvdfab gets the audio in aac. Looking at the codecs in the iPad video player it shows aac. Thats a lot of space to Rip a bluray disc.

4. sillyrabbitt macrumors 6502

I had the same problem. The way I fixed it for now because it has happened a couple of times is to go into settings and reset all setting. i was also told if it keeps happening i should do a hard reset of the device and not to use a backup since its a problem in the software potentially.

Hope this helps!

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1134472&highlight=