Ipad2 iOS5+RealRacing2+appletv2 Video

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Haxoware, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Haxoware, Jun 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  2. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

3. hoanganh macrumors member

4. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

That's so cool. I'm glad my Apple TV 2 can support that :D

5. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Whilst it looks cool from a "see what we can do" point of view, I still think it's a terrible way for any arcade game.

For board games, or something turn based, then it's great, buy any game that requires split second timing and a real feel of connection between your hands/fingers and what happens on screen it's a disaster.

Can you imagine trying to drive a real car like that, you would be all over the road, it would be like putting a giant jelly between your steering wheel and your front wheels.
    Uncontrollable in and precise way, and for any split second reaction, forget it.

6. blackNBUK macrumors 6502a

The lag really didn't seem that bad in the video. Plus if lag was such a disaster then OnLive would be a complete non starter, however at least some people seem to be happy playing on their service. I find it hard to believe that the lag will be worse for AirPlay over WiFi than it is for OnLive over the internet.

7. vrDrew macrumors 65816

That's not really the point. And iOS 5 is, lest we forget, still in Closed Beta.

AirPlay mirroring is going to be a real "Android Tablet Killer." And one that neither Google, nor Samsung, nor HP is going to find possible to compete with. For the very simple reason that they don't have anything like the Apple TV 2. A hundred-dollar device that turns the big High Def TV and basic wi-fi network that millions of consumers, businesses, and institutions already have into the best audio/visual presentation tool ever.

"Synergy" is probably one of the most over-used words in business. But in Apple's case, its a concept that they've mastered. The trick of getting your iPod to work seamlessly with your desktop PC, they've now turned into an ecosystem where your phone now works with your TV, your computer, your stero system, your tablet, and - this fall - the cloud.