iPad2 JailBreak ETA: Most likely when iPhone 5 comes out?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by aohus, May 9, 2011.

1. aohus macrumors 68000

Are the JB'ers (a la Chronic-Dev team) waiting on the iPhone 5 to be released so that they can both be jailbroken at the same time? After all, both iPhone5/iPad2 will most likely have same A5 SoC processor.

If that is so, then most likely it will come out sometime September, which is what the latest iPhone5 rumor was, that it would be released sometime then.

any thoughts?

2. Zodiak macrumors regular

I sure hope not but it does make sense from their point of view to wait for the next biggest IOS update, something like IOS 5.0, just like they do for all of their releases.

Apple releases things in june/july or september/october for their products right? lets hope for june maybe.

3. milbournosphere macrumors 6502a

milbournosphere

My guess is that a userland exploit will be released when iOS5 comes out, presumably at WWDC, along with iPhone5 (or 4g, whatever their numbering scheme is). At this point, it seems wouldn't be worth outing an exploit only to have it patched when the next major release comes out a few months later. That said, i REALLY want a jailbreak for my shiny new iPad.

4. war eagle macrumors 6502a

No they aren't waiting. They are just having problems with it right now. Geohot will be on it soon as well.

5. Sothos macrumors member

I sure hope so. I need Lockinfo, Infinifolders, SBSettings on my iPad. If they wait until the iPhone 5 release it's going to be a really long time before I can fully transition from my iPad 1, which is such a shame considering the awesomeness of the iPad 2.