iPad2: Montgomery Mall, Bethesda, MD

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by DizzyV6P, Mar 16, 2011.

1. DizzyV6P macrumors regular

DizzyV6P

2. Requiemm macrumors regular

Just got off the phone with them. Sold out. Will "Soft open" at 9 tomorrow if they get more in.

I tried to call the Bethesda Row store but was not able to hold for that long.

3. DizzyV6P thread starter macrumors regular

DizzyV6P

I had called twice yesterday and was told they were not opening "early" today and didn't have any in stock and didn't know what to expect. Apple has been sending them "blind" shipments with no warning on how many to expect.

4. tuckrogers macrumors newbie

I'm probably gonna get there at 830 tomorrow before class and wait in line. What are you guy's plans?

5. DizzyV6P thread starter macrumors regular

DizzyV6P

I'll be there around 8:30 as well. I guess "traffic" will be really rough tomorrow so I'll be coming in late to work due to "traffic" ;)

6. tuckrogers macrumors newbie

haha "traffic" works every time. Good luck, i think we'll need it.

7. DizzyV6P thread starter macrumors regular

DizzyV6P

All out. Only had 12 wifi 32 and 16. Line holders r arguing w others that they can buy too....lol

8. tuckrogers macrumors newbie

I was there too. Oh well, looks like ill try tomorrow again...

9. DizzyV6P thread starter macrumors regular

DizzyV6P

I was #40-45 in line. I guess I'd have to come earlier than 8:30...LOL.

10. tuckrogers macrumors newbie

I ended up there at like 815, i was like 25th or so. I guess i gotta get my sleeping bag out to get one...

11. psrajam91 macrumors newbie

Hi guys!
    I've been hauling my ass out there every damn day this week.
    And the worst part is that I'm on spring break. Was almost able to buy one on Wednesday, but some guy cut the line in front of me. :(

Going to try the target method tomorrow early in the morning, and if they are out of stock, then I'm heading back to the Apple store... I'll be the indian kid in the plaid shirt, jeans and flip flops. Feel free to strike up a conversation if you are so inclined :)

12. tuckrogers macrumors newbie

Good luck man. Just a question, do you know what time the front of the line usually gets there by?

13. DizzyV6P thread starter macrumors regular

DizzyV6P

See you all again tomorrow morning :) I'll try 8 this time....lol.

14. psrajam91 macrumors newbie

I got there around 8:30 or so and i was pretty far back in the line, so just be ready to get there bright and early and wait. Im thinking ill leave around 6:30 tomorrow as my last ditch effort to get one. Assuming Target is out of stock as well...

I think if you are within the first 10-15 people you can safely nab one... though on monday they only got 2...

15. tuckrogers macrumors newbie

Damn man. Oh well. Looks like ill try to get there a little before 8, and hope for the best.

16. tuckrogers macrumors newbie

I got here at like 745 and I'm like 35h. Way busier than yesterday

17. psrajam91 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Im here as well mate. Indian kid with sun glasses and black hoodie I'd say I'm 40 or something...

18. DizzyV6P thread starter macrumors regular

DizzyV6P

I couldn't get there until 8:30 again and I saw people streaming out. Some lady said they were sold out already. Anyone know what they had?

I promptly went to work and called B&H since I got an email that they got the Verizon white 64gb wifi+3g in stock and ordered it at 9am. I'll be getting it next Tuesday :) My hunt is over...for now.

19. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

Has anyone else tried the Bethesda Row store? I called but I didn't get an answer. I was thinking about going there first thing tomorrow morning.

20. tuckrogers macrumors newbie

They said they only had Verizon. I'm not sure the size/color. I haven't tried Bethesda Row, but murmurings in line said it was much busier. I'm giving up until at least tuesday, but we'll see what happens.

21. tuckrogers macrumors newbie

Probably heading down tomorrow morning. You guys have any info from the weekend? I took it off cause i thought it might be crazy.

22. borka105 macrumors newbie

Update? Any luck at the Maryland Apple stores?

Has anyone checked in at Montgomery Mall today?

Thanks,

23. DizzyV6P thread starter macrumors regular

DizzyV6P

My experience has been that if you weren't in line by 7am, you probably won't get one. Anyone have any luck in this area?

24. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

No luck for me at the Bethesda Row or Annapolis Mall Apple Stores. I'm going to try Pentagon City fist thing Friday morning.

25. tuckrogers macrumors newbie

I passed on today and decided to sleep in. Anybody got any info from today?