iPad2 Not Finding/Connecting to 3G

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RogersDA, Apr 4, 2011.

1. RogersDA macrumors 6502

Another observation using a WiFi/3G iPad 2 (Verizon) --

Frequently this iPad 2 will not connect to the 3G network or to known WiFi until the unit is turned off and then back on.

For example, this morning I was sitting in my car in a parking lot and needed to get some information on the web. The area I was in is a good 3G location. I typically keep the 3G off until I need it. I used the Cellular Data on/off slider and turned on the 3G, and even after waiting a few minutes there was no indication of a 3G connection.

With the Cellular Data slider turned on I then used the Airplane Mode slider and turned that on then off. Only when it was turned off did the upper left corner indicate that it was searching for a 3G signal. It never found one. :mad:

I had to turn the unit off then back on again to get the 3G connection. I have noticed this as well with WiFi, but not as frequently as the 3G connection.

2. tirnszw, Apr 4, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2011

tirnszw macrumors member

I also have this exact same problem and got replaced with a new one but, the new one still has the same problem. Then Genius saw the problem as a software bug, written an expedited bug report to the engineer and, hopefully it will get fixed soon.

For now, leave the 3G connection ON all the time. Don't restart the ipad with 3G turned off.

See Apple Discussion Thread:
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2784042&start=0&tstart=0

3. tirnszw macrumors member

The bug is now fixed.

Just a followup. As expected iOS 4.3.2, which was just released yesterday, fixed the 3G connectivity bug on my Verizon iPad 2.