Ipad2 not showing up on laptop?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by xelaetaks, Dec 28, 2011.

1. xelaetaks macrumors member

Can anyone give some ideas how to fix this? For some reason my iPad2 wont show up on itunes today. I restarted my laptop, have updated itunes, and have restarted my iPad. Any ideas what I can try to do to fix it? Thanks!

2. poloponies macrumors 68030

Did you try a different USB port and/or cable?

3. xelaetaks thread starter macrumors member

Yes. Also it usually shows up if I plug it in the charger and isn't showing up either way on itunes. Also when I plug it in a folder comes up about transferring pics or files but nothing else.

4. xelaetaks thread starter macrumors member

Well this is weird its actually letting me transfer all my purchases from the menu but the iPad icon isn't showing up on itunes so I can't drag out anything from my laptop to the iPad.

5. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

The included wall charger wll charge better than most USB ports. Try giving it full wall charge with the unit that came with iPad2 instead of using a USB port. Then you should be able to transfer to the USB port and every thing may run just fine,

6. xelaetaks, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011

xelaetaks thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, will try that but the iPad2 is charged to at least 10%. when I look in my computer and go to devices it seems to show the iPad as a camera icon....

7. Ashwood11, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011

Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

I would charge it to 50% or more before attaching to a USB port.

8. xelaetaks thread starter macrumors member

Ok wow. Thanks. It turns out i had to click on where it says 'devices'. It was hiding my iPad cause i must've clicked it by accident before. :apple: