iPad2 not syncing all photos

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ruxtonbruce, Jun 9, 2011.

1. ruxtonbruce macrumors newbie

I have recently tried syncing my photos to my iPad2 2 and am having problems with certain images not transferring to the device.

I have 960 photos to sync to the iPad, they are all in jpg format and have all been created in the same way. Of the 960 photos that sync only 880 make it to the device. I receive no errors in itunes while they sync. I cannot find any distinct differences with the images that do no sync and the ones that do.

I have tried deleting the ipod photo cache folder and re optimising the images in itunes. While itunes is optimising it say Optimising x of 960 (x being the current image number) then when it copys it says copying x of 880. Itunes doesn't even try to copy the 80 images.

I have tried deleting all photos from the ipad 2 by removing the tick to sync photos and selecting remove photos. I have also created a folder with 2 images in it, one that worked in the large sync and one that didn't work. It will only copy the 1 image that worked originally.

I have tried opening the image that didn't work in various applications and slightly modifying and resaving. It still will not copy to the ipad. The only success I have had in getting the image to the ipad is to save it as a Tiff. In this format it does copy to the ipad. If I save the Tiff file back to JPG, the JPG version will not sync.

I have rung Apple support and there only suggestion to me was to bring the ipad, along with the images, to an apple repair center. Seems a little extreme to me.

Does any one have any other suggestions as I am currently pulling my hair out.

I could save the images that do no work as tiff files but trying to work out which images aren't actually working would be VERY difficult.

I am a photographer and desperately need this to work as I use the ipad to show my work to clients.

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

2. ruxtonbruce thread starter macrumors newbie

Update to JPG import

I took my iPad2 to an Apple Repair centre along witht the image and it seems the images that do not transfer with itunes cannot be opened with iPhoto on a Mac - gives an error about unsupported format or something close to that.

Any ideas what could be wrong with the JPG images that they won't import to iPhoto. Every other program can read them without a problem.

Any help much appreciated

3. Motud2 macrumors newbie

Me too

This is VERY annoying, I have 960 photos and only 15 will synch. This applies to my iPad and my iPhone.

Used to work fine, can only assume it is an iTunes update problem.

Haven't contacted Apple support because so far they have been completely useless with everything else and it doesn't sound as if they understand the seriousness of this.

Help, anybody ?