iPad2 / PC conflict

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by guysie, Dec 27, 2011.

1. guysie macrumors newbie

I need some help.
    On the two occasions i have plugged in my ipad 2 to the PC, the sync process starts and then the computer freezes., The only was to proceed to to switch the pc off and then restart. When the PC restarts, the resolution is completely out of whack and all the icons are 20x larger. i have to leave the PC for and hour before it starts properly. The PC has bags of memory so i cannpt fathom why this happens. Any ideas.....

2. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

It would help to know which computer and which operating system you are using. Also, are you using the latest version of iTunes for your system?

3. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

It sounds like you are using a Windows PC and that your PC is restarting in Safe Mode. Safe Mode starts sometimes if your computer has crashed or has not shut down properly and so Windows starts with minimal drivers loaded, including basic video drivers, which is why your screen resolution is incorrect.

Before trying again, ensure that you are on the latest Windows Sericepacks and, as has been suggested, that iTunes is also up to the latest version.

You may also have a problem with the USB port that you iPad is connected to which is causing the crash - therefore, try connecting it to another port.

Lastly, before reconnecting and trying to sync again, shut down all other programs apart from iTunes to minimise the risk of program conflicts.

Hope this helps,

RTP.