iPad2 & Presentation

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mattz, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Mattz macrumors newbie

Hi Guys!

I'm teacher and usually I need to travell to do presentations, so I'm thinking about to buy an iPad2. But first I want to know how is the Keynote performance in iPad2. It runs smooth? How's your experience with graphics and videos?
    Thanks for the info. :)

2. palpatine macrumors 68040

graphics and video work great, and the experience is very nice. i've used it before, and i'll be giving a presentation with it in another week at a conference. don't forget to purchase the connector for it.

3. FloatingBones macrumors 65816

FloatingBones

You can run keynote through the video mirroring.

It would clearly be nice to run Keynote to a 2g Apple TV using Airplay: cutting the cable. I recalled a story about that: Steve apparently promised this back in November of last year. Apple hasn't announced this capability yet.

This would be extremely attractive -- especially if you could create an Ad Hoc TCP/IP network between the Apple TV and your iPad.

4. Mattz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! So, good news ;)
    Oh... I forgot something! How do I do to pass slides? There is no USB for the presenter... :(

----------

Real nice idea! I'll keep it in mind for the future... Thanks for reply! :)

5. FloatingBones macrumors 65816

FloatingBones

This page shows iPad Airplay mirroring with iOS 5. That page implies it will work with all apps; it should work with Keynote.

6. epi117 macrumors 6502

i have used videos and power points converted to keynote, has worked great. as stated previously make sure you get connector. (i keep a small 6 ft HDMI cable with the various connectors in my man-bag)

7. Mattz thread starter macrumors newbie

I Forgot! How do I play slides... what kind of presenter/pointer can I use?

8. Zcott macrumors 68020

9. Mattz thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmmmmm... I'm Sorry, but I don't have iPhone. But I think that apple remote could do it, couldn't it? Can anyone confirm?

10. FloatingBones, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

FloatingBones macrumors 65816

FloatingBones

If you were to google on

"apple remote" ipad

The first entry here in Apple's support forums answers your question: No IR receiver in iPad, so the remote will do nothing.

One solution is to use an iPod Touch with Apple's Keynote Remote App:

You will have to establish a network connection between the two devices. That would be an ad hoc network. Note: if there is a massive amount of WiFi traffic in the presentation room, that could interfere with your presentation. That happened to SJ in a keynote (I believe it was in 2009).

Another solution is to carry an Apple TV 2 and connect that to the projector. You would then play the slides on your iPad and run Airplay Mirror on your Apple TV: not your traditional presentation mode. That is brand new stuff, and there were some complaints overnight over the latency of the mirroring for viewing videos this way.

I would go by an Apple store and try all the options out to see what will work for you. I'd also have them step you through creating ad hoc networks between your handheld device and the device connected to the projector.

Update: I found a live-blog reference to the WiFi meltdown in a keynote here. It was in the June 2010 keynote address introducing the iPhone 4. During a demo of iMovie, Steve steps off-stage. When he returns....

You'll probably never encounter something like that, but it's a good little tidbit to keep in mind.