IPad2 problems, what would you do?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by skids94954, Mar 24, 2011.

1. skids94954 macrumors newbie

Two ongoing problems with my new Verizon IPad2 3G and I'm not sure what to do about it. Seems like it would be eaiser just to return it and order a new one with ATT service.

1. The video on Facetime is always freezing up and I have to power off/on the IPad to unfreeze it.
    2. When ever I switch from WiFi to 3G the IPad won't go into 3G mode, I have to power off/on the unit in order for it to work.

Any thoughts? Should I have gone with ATT first?

2. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

If an Apple store is handy I'd take it there. AT&T may be able to help, but if you feel that a replacement is needed then go to an Apple Store.

3. Capt T macrumors 6502a

I would set up a genius appointment if I were you.

4. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

This seems to be a known issue with the Verizon iPad.
    It will surely be fixed in the next iOS release 4.3.1 (which should be released within a couple of weeks), but it's up to you to decide whether to wait or get the AT&T version.
    The main factor here is knowing which service works better in your area, and second, which plan is more convenient to you.

Or you could just return it, and wait to see how things develop during the next couple of weeks.

5. RadicalxEdward macrumors 6502

RadicalxEdward

isn't facetime wifi only?

as for the 3G it is a known problem, however so far I've only heard of it happening to people who manually turn the 3G off (which you shouldn't have to do) and will undoubtedly be fixed in the next ios update.

6. skids94954 thread starter macrumors newbie

I do leave the 3G off most of the time. I assumed that by leaving it on would add to the battery drain. Would it?

7. RadicalxEdward macrumors 6502

RadicalxEdward

a very minuscule amount. your brightness, wifi and gps usage will have a MUCH more noticeable effect.

8. applelvr macrumors member

Seriously? Is Facetime only wifi?

9. skids94954 thread starter macrumors newbie

10. roberthodgson macrumors regular

The Facetime problem is a known issue and there should be a software fix coming shortly

11. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1