Ipad2 Returns

Discussion in 'iPad' started by raef203, Mar 23, 2011.

1. raef203 macrumors newbie

Picked up a 32 G Verizon today which was NOT what I wanted so I will return it or exchange it when they have the model I do want next month--the store manager encouraged me to take what was left today and insisted they would accept returns up to 30 days with receipt and opened boxes with in tact but used ipads will be perfectly fine to return.

Anyone else have any input on ALL the returns that will happen in the next 30 days or any experiences they have had returning such items with Apple?

2. kahleeb macrumors member

The Apple Store in Southlake, TX told me this on launch day. They are now backing off that claim. I really hope to get a 64 Wifi White before Friday but it is looking impossible. I have a 32 Wifi White.

3. sanford macrumors 65816

Policy is, I think, 14 days, 10% restocking fee for opened/used items. It may be only 10 days, with same 10%. In other words, what you were told is not standard Apple retail store return policy. Returns of used product are a pain and both sealed and opened returns count against a retail store's sales for the day/week/month, etc. I can't imagine an Apple store manager encouraged a situation in which you would most likely return a purchase. Unless he was assuming you'd just opt to keep it, but that's a misguided sales strategy.

4. raef203 thread starter macrumors newbie

No---the specifically told me NO restocking fees...the manager even gave me his card should i run into issues...Apple is customer service oriented--despite this Ipad mess, they honor that much.

5. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

If I doubt what someone says, I ask them for it in writing along with a business card so I know who to speak with.

With that said, I have found customer service with Apple to be largely good with exceptions to their rules. All comes down to the manager making the decision.

6. Prolif1k macrumors 6502

Apple dropped all restocking fees a couple months ago.

7. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

8. raef203 thread starter macrumors newbie

Good points--this manager clearly runs the show here, hands out the tickets, coordinates who gets what, and how the lines are controlled...he takes total charge and I have his card and his word so I am not the least bit worried. He also said that despite policy, the current Ipad craze is so unusual for them in that they cannot satisfy customers now at the door and he wants them ultimately to be satisfied and will foster any changes later.

Also, I should note that several people in line had unopened models they bought earlier in the week that were not the models they originally wanted so he gladly exchanged them for those folks in advance of distributing the new stock to the line...all in all I was pleased with his eye on customer satisfaction.

9. raef203 thread starter macrumors newbie

10. Cool Hwhip macrumors member

Said everyone except Apple themselves. I tried to return my iPad 1 on there. They wanted 10% because of the open box.

11. raef203 thread starter macrumors newbie

But was that before January 11?