iPad2 Screen Protector Help!

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by iDuel, Aug 8, 2011.

1. iDuel, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011

iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

Hello Everyone,:)

When I first bought my iPad2, I purchased the ZAGG InvisibleSheild, and after awhile it developed a yellowish-brown discolouration on the edges of the iPad. (I got the white one)

It makes it look like I am actually abusing the thing, but in reality its just collecting every spec of grime it acquires after normal use. The shield itself feels like the peel of a lemon, or orange. Its just annoying.

----

Now to the main question...should I just take the thing off and use the iPad without any type of screen protector, or should I order another brand such as the PowerSupply one.

My main worry about having the iPad without a screen protector is that I will accidentally scratch it with my finger nail when I use it, or someone else will scratch it. Is the glass durable enough that I can go without?

If I should get a new one, what brands would you recommend?
    ---

Thanks for your help!

Excuse my English by the way.

2. sexytabitha macrumors regular

i use a yoobao $10 screen protector been on for 3 months now still looks good, Why waste money on a name, Plastic is plastic

3. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

I've read a few threads where Zagg's discolors. I use AG Powersupport on most of my iDevices. Easy to install, and great customer service. I installed my AG film, and it came out flawless. I emailed a question on my iPad 2 AG film (forgot what I asked), and they responded by sending me a new one... when I didn't need one.

I had crystal film on my iPad 1 last time... and I hated always cleaning it, and it's hard to see outside in the sun. I went with AG film on my iPad 2, and I am much happier.

4. donnaw macrumors 65816

I've been using the PowerSupport Anti-glare for about 4 months and am loving it. No fingerprints and no glare.

My husband is not using any protector and both of our screens look the same.

I put a Ghost Armor on my grandkids referb iPad 1 because I thought they would be harder on it and it works great too. Not sticky like Zagg. I had it put on at the mall and it has very little 'orange peel' effect. Can't even see it when the iPad is on.

I used Zagg on all my electronic devices for years (probably about 10 or so). I will never use Zagg again.

So, I would recommend the power support. But if you are hard on your devices I would recommend the Ghost Armor. Have it installed. They cure it right there and that insures a good clean install. Well worth the $15. Scratches on the screen would drive me crazy so having some sort of protector is a must for me. And since there are so many good options out there, why not....

5. glen e macrumors 68030

Use a stylus and the screen stays clean .....google faraday stylus....glass is perfect naked...

6. iDuel thread starter macrumors 6502a

iDuel

Thanks everyone for the responses.

I'm probably going to go with the PowerSupport screen protector just to be cautious.

If anyone else still has some input, I'd be glad to hear it.:)

7. Saberon macrumors 6502a

Power support hands down, not even a question.