Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pkshiu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
This started happening around Thursday. The touch screen do not response anymore. Hardware button works. Rotational sensor works. A hard reset (home+power for 10 seconds) sometimes work.

Being a tech person, I systematically deleted apps that I installed to that date, but that was not the problem.

I wonder if it is related to network -- i.e. if it is access the wireless network (checking mail, push notification etc) and gets locked up.

Any one else starting to having this problem?

P.K.

Mikesus

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2011
This started happening around Thursday. The touch screen do not response anymore. Hardware button works. Rotational sensor works. A hard reset (home+power for 10 seconds) sometimes work.

Being a tech person, I systematically deleted apps that I installed to that date, but that was not the problem.

I wonder if it is related to network -- i.e. if it is access the wireless network (checking mail, push notification etc) and gets locked up.

Any one else starting to having this problem?

P.K.

Yes happened after latest update... Did a RESTORE and everything is fine now.

pkshiu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
It does not resolve even after reboot/hard reboot/restore.

I happen to have a list of apps that were updated/installed just before. So I am going down the list trying to figure what happened. Right now I am thinking it's the Kindle or Hulu app updates that did it.

pkshiu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
- I meant I tried all types of reboot and also several restore from iTunes.

- It is not the apps that I thought was causing it. After removing the apps that were updated it is still happening, BUT -- I now can clear it usually after one or more hard reset (power+home+10secs).

- I also notice that the touch screen is getting a little less responsive -- I use NoteTaker HD and can tell the difference when I am writing.

- I wonder if it is due to environmental changes? It is getting warmer and dryer here in the East coast. I also have a screen protector on it but that was installed weeks ago. (BSE) But I hate to peel it off to test at this point.

Really no one else is having this problem?

pkshiu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
Dfu mode restore didn't work either. Usually it will come back responsive after some time which makes me think it is a background task that is killing the iPad.

Also after the dfu restore the NoteTakerHD ink mode was definitely much more responsive.

pkshiu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
Did you try it without reloading anything?

Not yet because I actually use my iPad during the week. I'll try that over the weekend. I just can't believe I am the only one having this problem.

TheWheelMan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
Not yet because I actually use my iPad during the week. I'll try that over the weekend. I just can't believe I am the only one having this problem.

Why? Stuff like that happens to people all the time. Just because you're having a problem doesn't mean it's a widespread one. Besides, if it had been a widespread one, you wouldn't have had to ask. There would have been numerous posts on this already.

I'm sure you'll figure it out soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.