iPad2 very small white dot! Help please...

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by esaie491516, Nov 9, 2011.

1. esaie491516 macrumors newbie

There is a very small white dot ( maybe a dead pixel) right at the center of the ipad2 screen. What should I do? Will this dot get bigger? It's current size is... as small as the tip of a ballpoint pen...or maybe smaller. Noticeable because it's at the center. Not a scratch.

Help...

2. Kupp macrumors regular

I noticed that on mine as well, as soon as I got it. I have found it actually goes away when it warms but, so later in the day. As I keep my house at 60 in the winter it is there constantly now.

I am not sure if it is the same issue you are seeing, as it seems like it is just a brighter spot of what is on screen on mine. In safari I notice it. watching movies in the darkness I do not.

At any rate I brought it down and had it documented at the time I noticed it, but didn't swap out since there was still a light-bleed problem at the time.

I use my Ipad 2 for school work too, and don't want to deal with restoring anything at the moment, so I am waiting until after my semester is over.

As I said I have a light bleed problem too, only noticable when watching movies, and two years of apple care, I am just going to worry about it later, when I have less other things going on.

And before someone says turn the brightness down, I keep mine around 40%.

3. lilkangster macrumors member

Chances are you have a dead pixel which apple will gladly replace it with a new one if you take it in. However, my suggestion would be to wait until you get some other problems before taking it in for replacement. I had a dead pixel on my ipad2 also when I bought it but it didn't bother me so I didn't do anything, but recently I managed to get a dent in the corner so I took it in to apple and said I had a dead pixel and they replaced the dented ipad with a new one. Basically, I would wait it out until your warranty is almost out or until you get a few scratches or dents before you take it in for replacement. Since cosmetic damages isn't really covered under the warranty but the dead pixel is so I would just wait it out.