iPad2 WiFi unable to find networks...JB?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Cate1898, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Cate1898 macrumors newbie

Cate1898

I tried to fix my friends iPad 2 16gb wifi because it won't find any networks. I tried every fix I could find by searching the internet. I spent literally hours and hours on this. It was then decided by myself and others I spoke online in forums to that it was a hardware problem. Thing I don't understand is that it did work at one point, then with subsequent iOS upgrades it stopped working. It is currently on the latest iOS or close 7.0.4 I think.

I was wondering if I jailbroke it, would it by any chance fix the wifi problem she is having?

2. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    It doesn't find any network anywhere? Not even at the local fast food joint or library, etc.?

I take it you've done a hard reboot?

If it is an actual hardware problem, am uncertain why software would fix it.

3. Cate1898 thread starter macrumors newbie

Cate1898

I have not had the geniuses at Apple tell me it's a hardware problem. I have tried every possible reboot and restore available and many other 'fixes' I found while googling the problem and asking for help on the Apple forum. I did not belong to this forum when I was attempting to fix her iPad2. So it was just the general consensus of people who claim to be knowledgeable on forums telling me it's likely a hardware issue seeing all the things I have tried to do to fix it to no avail. The fact that it did work prior to upgrading to iOS 7 is why I am wondering if it's software related. Kind of like a last ditch effort lol!

4. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Crazy. Did it connect when it was at the Apple store?