iPad iPad2 wifi won't restore

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Bl0ckHe1d, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Bl0ckHe1d macrumors 6502

Bl0ckHe1d

The iPad2 that I purchase last year is currently still operating on the original iOS5.0.1 and suddenly is started acting strange. Strange meaning that the apps icons are spaced apart the lockscreen keypad is a lot smaller than the usual! Therefore came to the conclusion that a restore is required.

The iPad2 in question has SHSH blobs for 5.0.1 onwards and never been updated OTA. Using redsn0w to re-restore, selected the iOS 5.0.1 IPSW and remote blobs, clicked on next to restore, was going smoothly until an error message appeared "Couldn't restore - It seems the APTicket flashed on the device cannot be reused for this hack. If the current firmware was installed via an OTA update or at the factory, its APTicket contains the wrong data for this to work.", would I be correct saying that this iPad cannot be restored and only upgraded to iOS6?

Any help/solutions gratefully appreciated.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Boot it to safe mode, then reboot it.

3. Bl0ckHe1d thread starter macrumors 6502

Bl0ckHe1d

Many thanks dhlizard that worked!

Can recall that the battery went flat thus putting the iPad into weird mode!!

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

This just happens to iPads sometimes

Why, I have no clue.

But it is an easy fix.

5. l3arnt0 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem, except that my os is 5.1.1.
    I know how to go to safe mode.
    After that reboot the iphone or just respring is okie?
    I tried both anyway. But I keep getting this message "It seems the APticket flashed in the device cannot be re-used for this hack."
    My ipad is not ota update.
    I update it to 5.1.1 through itunes.
    Any help pls.

6. Bl0ckHe1d thread starter macrumors 6502

Bl0ckHe1d

Did you buy both devices with iOS5.0.1 and iOS5.1.1 pre-installed and jailbreak?

If yes then it is my understanding that you cannot restore using the original iOS pre-installed as I believe that the SHSH blobs is not associated to the APTicket {could be wrong here!}

however fear not...possibly as of Sunday you will be able to jailbreak both devices on iOS6.1 (but not for ATV3!!)