iPad3 Apps?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by erawsd, Feb 18, 2012.

1. erawsd macrumors 6502

Beyond the hardware, Apple always has a new App or software feature to showcase its new product. iPad 1 gave us iWork, with the iPad 2 we got much of the iLife suite.

I guess the obvious thing is an updated SIRI, with some possible iPad exclusive features.

Any other possibilities?

2. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I'm guessing maybe Siri. I really think showing off the high res retina display and amazing processor/GPU via some really graphically intensive games will be enough this time around IMO.

3. macmastersam macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

A version of final cut pro for iPad? Final cut pro would take use of the GPU/CPU very well (if they are upgraded) and if there is a retina display, then maybe crispier video as well.

Or maybe aperture for the iPad? And te same reasons above, the new GPU and the CPU will be used well by aperture and the retina display would be excellent for the pictures, which could be taken by the camera, if that is upgraded as well.

I know there is iLife software already built for the iPad, but these apps should be aimed at the more photo/movie intensive users, who need more function that the software the iLife suite already provides for them, at a slightly bigger cost

4. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I hope MicroSoft will give us OFFICE!!!

5. urkel macrumors 68030

iPhoto/Aperture has always been the 'missing app" in Apple's iLife for iOS offerings so my guess is that they're waiting for a higher res display and a bit more power. So bringing that to iOS would completely change my workflow and enable me to do a shooting session without my Macbook.

What I'd like to see is more integration between Aperture/iPhoto so your photo manipulation would actually affect the original version when you sync back. Also, face/place tagging, keywords and rating photos is tedious when sitting at a computer because they're mindless tasks yet they still require attention to perform, but imagine being able to do it while watching TV on the couch and then a sync would bring all that metadata back to the originals.

The question I have with these iPad3 apps is storage. I'm not sure how apps would be affected but I know with my sync'd Aperture library then the thumbnails are reduced to be optimized for a low-res iPad yet they still take about 4GB of storage. So retina display images would be larger/original size and that means for photographers then 32GB will be way too small and I'll have to get a 128GB (if it exists).

6. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

A videogame sounds ok for a demo. Siri doesn't sound probable to me.

Instead, some new iCloud-related in a new iOS release being unveiled, along with some interest towards education, should be expected in my opinion.