iPad ipad3 ATT LTE + tetherme works

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ngpeter, May 25, 2012.

1. ngpeter macrumors newbie

Didn't expect it to enable the personal hotspot feature since ATT does not support or enable it, but after jailbreak on 5.1.1 and tetherme I have my ipad LTE hotspot working.

2. Bheleu macrumors 6502

Paid for Mywi, but seems like hotspot does not work from iPad. Guess only USB does. Will look at tetherme, as I need to share data with kids iPad.

3. qpid360 macrumors 6502

qpid360

I know AT&T tags people who use MyWi, but do they do the same for iPads? I haven't heard of any cases where people got downgraded to a limited data plan for tethering on it, but I wasn't sure. This is the only reason I would want to jailbreak my iPad.

4. jlluna macrumors 6502

Tether me does work fine with the iPad 3 AT&T LTE. Mywi does not work on the iPad 3 even after the update they released today but tether me works great.

5. mphayvanh macrumors member

Infamous Text or Email

Have anyone who use TetherMe with AT&T on their IPad LTE received that warning not to tether or be moved into a tethering plan?

6. jlluna macrumors 6502

Why would they send you an email saying that? I could understand with the iPhone if you have an unlimited data plan, but the iPad to? You pay for the data you use through the iPad if I use it all i just buy more data. Besides AT&T said they were working with apple to suport tethering on the iPad in the future like Verizon's iPad.

7. r1ngx macrumors newbie

myWi works fine

8. jlluna macrumors 6502

Yours works fine? It Thought it was not supported on the iPad 3 yet? Hmm??

9. Mdifilm macrumors regular

I have pdanet, tetherme and mywi and tetherme works the first min and starts slowing down and no packets works, mywi with the latest update, works fine for the 30 mins I was online with.

10. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

MyWi was updated to work on iPad 3 5.1/5.1.1

11. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

A very small amount of iPad owners have unlimited data plans. The window of opportunity was just over a month to get the plan before AT&T killed the unlimited data plan option for all devices.

EDIT: And because someone has an unlimited data plan it means they aren't paying for their data? Last time I checked it's a constant $29.99 charge per device.

12. jlluna macrumors 6502

Man I wish I could of got unlimited data on my iPad, I have it on my iPhone but not my iPad. I usually get the 3gb a month data package, but i am on vacation now and had a lay over in Atlanta, and I was using the, lte but man it sure ate allot of data.

13. Dkorda macrumors 6502

MyWi and TetherMe work like a champ on my iPad 3 5.1.1