Ipad3 battery

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jonathan harpur, Apr 19, 2012.

1. jonathan harpur macrumors newbie

Hello guys I have had the i pad 3 for some weeks now I have noticed that the battery gos down pretty fast i have done every battery extending tips and still no differnts I was worsen should take it back and get the iPad 2 or should I wait And see will apple bring out a thing in the 5.1.1 software update to fix it or will they call a for a recall on the iPad 3 .

Any help would be great

Many thanks Jonathan harpur :)

(sorry for any bad spelling )

2. kemo macrumors 6502a

kemo

What means pretty fast in time? Please specify how many hours it stays and what are you doing on it + brightness level would also help to answer your Q :)

3. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

not here! maybe yours is defective. I have been blown away on the battery life on mine. I can get 10 hours of usage easily

4. jonathan harpur, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012

jonathan harpur thread starter macrumors newbie

I manily use my iPad for emails face book intenrnet music movies and tv shows I manily covert My own movies tv shows and
    Music and put them on my iPad

The battery would last me a whole day

I have my iPad on a apple care plain so I an an get a new one on wornety

Any help on fixing my problem would be great .

Many thanks Jonathan harpur :)

5. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

well if your ipad is lasting about a day, thats about as good as it will get!

i know youve prolly already heard it, keep brightness down, turn wifi off when youre not using it, make sure bluetooth is off!

6. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

You gotta tell us how long it lasts. We need a measurement. Also, turn down the brightness.

You should see 10hrs or so of battery life. The blogs agree (test was stopped at the 10% battery life left warning): http://blog.gsmarena.com/new-ipad-battery-test-complete-see-how-it-did/

If you're getting less than 9 hours with 3G/4G off, bluetooth off and the screen brightness between 50-60% then get it exchanged.

You won't get the advertised battery life on any device if you have every option on at the same time. Batteries aren't magical.

7. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

I'll admit, I barely use my iPad 3. Dragonvale (yes, I admit it) throughout the day, checking email maybe 10 mins max various times during the day, and before bed 30 mins of Instapaper reading + some flipboard / reddit. I use about 10% a day of my battery. I could go forever on this. lol.

50% brightness or LESS cuz I'm always indoors. Before bed brightness is pretty far down. Probably why it uses almost 0 battery.

8. jonathan harpur thread starter macrumors newbie

I will keep trake from the time I take it of the charge to the time is runs down showing me the empty battery logo and I will let you know tomorrow how long it lasted and we will take it from there :)