iPad3 display manufacturer

Discussion in 'iPad' started by lockerc18, Sep 24, 2012.

1. lockerc18 macrumors 6502

I've searched through the forums and didn't see how to do this... so...

I have a 64GB iPad3. How do I tell who the manufacturer was of the display? I know there's a command for that on OS/X, which is needed for all the Retina problems on rMBPs, but I can't find the equivalent command for my iPad.

From other discussions, my serial number starts with DMPH, so supposedly my screen is "OK". I think it is, from my own viewing of it for these past few months since I got it. But, I'd still like to know who manufactured the display.

2. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

That doesn't show the screen manufacturer.

I don't there's a simple way to tell who made your screen like it is on the MacBooks.

I have a DMRJ serial number ( on my WiFi only iPad 3 ) and my display is just as good as on the iPad 2. The DY serial number I had prior to this had a warm screen that looked like crap and its brightness was also lower compared to the iPad 2 and my LTE iPad 3 ( which is also perfect ! )

3. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

There's No way that you ccould find this Unless Apple or Foxconn Employees told you this. It is highly secret information. If you bought it before June all screens were made by Samsung Since June onwards the news was even LG Display and Sharp have been cleared by Apple to provide Retina display screens for the New iPad. So as of now it could be any of these three Biggies !

----------

You are one off case who has had a Non-DY screen which is perfect the Majority opinion is DY screens are far better then any other serials which have been there in the Market for the New iPad !

4. lockerc18 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, since my iPad was built in April, I must have the Samsung screen, then. All I know is the clarity and colors are perfect. No problems with the iPad at all. I was just wondering, given all the issues with the displays on the rMBP.

5. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

Majority opinion on this forum, which accounts for less than 1% of buyers, and is thus inconclusive that the DY series is equipped with the better screen.

The whole thing is simply put, panel lottery...be it the iPad ; iPhone ; or the MBP !

6. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

Yep ! Agreed ! And Apple would completely disagree with this analysis and conclusion on why would they have special fixation for one kind of serial number and not for other. It is Apple's own Baby afterall :rolleyes:

7. james714x macrumors member

I just ordered my ipad 3 and hoping to get a good one. Btw, which is the most crystal screen screen? I heard of DY but I also heard it having some issues :(