iPad [IPAD3] List of trouble causing tweaks

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SleekB, May 31, 2012.

1. SleekB, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2012

SleekB macrumors member

SleekB

List all the tweaks that cause the ipad 3 to go nuts. (Reboot, safe mode, etc..)

From my experience, not 100% which one is the cause but one of those must be:
    -Winterboard
    -quasar

Not tested by me or I haven't had problems with yet. Some people say:
    -Belfry
    -swipe selection

2. rob12770 macrumors member

swipe selection, causes keyboard to miss spaces and jump into words, it seems to have been removed from cydia...probably for this reason

3. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

I have had issues with Quasar. It's a nice concept but even when it's the only thing added to the jailbreak I get hangs/slow responsiveness and springboard crashes.

4. Dav1 macrumors 6502

I haven't had any issues with winterboard, but winterboard is seldom run just by itself ~ generally it is used to run other themes....
    I also haven't had any issues with belfry.

5. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I have this issue as well. Hopefully it'll be corrected soon and back in Cydia. As for other tweaks, haven't really noticed any issues so far.

6. SleekB thread starter macrumors member

SleekB

I agree. No sure if that was the cause of crashes and safe mode coming up.. but either way, I found quasar quite annoying after awhile. It's a nice concept but I guess a better thing would be to have a sbsetting toggle to turn it off/on.
    When it's on all the time it gets annoying to click full screen all the time or enlarge the app every time. Bottom line, more work needed on this tweak.

7. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

Yep! I got quasar because of the hype on MR... Used it for a it then realized I preferred apple's method, even if it means I can't see two windows at the same time

8. SleekB thread starter macrumors member

SleekB

I think a nice idea could be to divide the screen into 4 little iphone screens.. that way we can have 4 apps open right in front of us. but that means also that the apps have to be proper iphone screen size resolution and not mini sized like quasar does.

but lets stick to the topic. any other tweaks to be aware of?

9. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

I still have problems with Quasar, even after the latest update. Windows not going into fullscreen properly is the main one.

Omnipoint for NC caused my iPad to run into a boot loop after performing the recent update for the tweak. The iPad had to respring as a result of the update and got stuck with that loading circle.

As for Swipeselection, yes I've had problems with missed letters, but that also has to do with how I typed. The tweak detects the slightest slide of your fingers because of the 1-finger precise swipe it has. So, if you're typing and your fingers barely slide, even a little bit, your cursor will move and screw up your typing. I've slowed down my typing speed a little bit and started paying more attention to my typing. Haven't really had a problem since. At least when you do mess up, its easy to fix it! lol

10. rob12770 macrumors member

Quasar is buggy as hell, and Winterboard just plain dosent work for me.. ipad 3

11. Dkorda, Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2012

Dkorda macrumors 6502

12. tooRiski macrumors newbie

Retinapad messed up the the new ipad display, the status bar was gone and kept freezing. uninstall didn't help, even restore from old backups didn't work. had to start from step one. so keep away (don't even know why I installed it lol)

13. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

Why do people keep complaining about RetinaPad? it's functionality is already contained in the iPad 3, EVEN WITHOUT A JAILBREAK.

As far as quasar, I have had some freezes with it, but I like it. I don't use it all the time, but it has come in handy quite a few times. When I need proper backgrounding/copying info from one app to another. It is usually disabled though

Winterboard I don't use because it is a serious performance killer, and I don't like the look of it when only a few of my icons follow the theme.

14. SleekB thread starter macrumors member

SleekB

same here, i dont use winterboard, i find it way to heavy on my devices.
    i find that NCSettings, on both iphone and ipad, when it is place on the springboard with dashboardx, it makes problems..